Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vickivercruyssen

Need more help with my great room

vickivercruyssen
7 years ago

OK, now I've figured out how to add the pictures, so this is what I'm dealing with. Besides trying to decide whether to put something above the TV, I would also like help trying to decide on a picture above the fireplace. Should it almost fill up the entire space? The one shown is just temporary. Thank you all - this website is SO neat! I just discovered it recently and wasn't aware all this helpful advice is so readily available. We just moved in recently, so that's why it's looking pretty bare. Looking for the "perfect" area rug too. (The chair, ottoman and rug in the corner is also just temporary until the chairs arrive that we ordered)

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Amy Mendez @ Closet Factory (Ft. Lauderdale)
    7 years ago

Hi Vickie, If you are planning on mounting the TV, then I would not place anything above the TV. A great way to fill in that space is to add some applied molding possibly framing out TV. You have a lot of height to play with and you have some beautiful white casings that would flow with adding a little applied molding on wall.

The Picture above the fireplace does not need to fit the entire space, but definitely be more rectangular and fit the center of that space. Basically the shape of the framed out molding above, but on a scale that fits inside the space.

Hope that helps a bit!

vickivercruyssen thanked Amy Mendez @ Closet Factory (Ft. Lauderdale)