Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
victorianbythesea

White appliances with antique white cabinets?

Kat
7 years ago

Does anybody have pictures of their off white (antique white) cabinets with white appliances. Last year, I had planned to do white cabinets in our remodel and bought a white ice refrigerator when our fridge needed to be replaced suddenly. I ended up changing my mind on the cabinets as I have always wanted antique white and concluded I'd regret going with what I was seeing more of on HGTV instead of what I have always dreamed of. It's not so much about the cost of eventually getting a new fridge, it's that I love the white appliances. No finger prints, no water stains running down the front of the fridge water dispenser. We are doing double wall ovens though and that's the area I'm worried about the most in wondering how it will look.

Comments (14)

• scharmda
    7 years ago

I'm in the same situation. Within the last year I have bought 2 new white ice appliances. Now that I'm pondering new cabinets, I'm wondering how off-white a person can go compared to that. Hoping to see some pics, also. Good luck with your decision!

• eam44
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Have you tried to find images yourself? Try googling "white appliance cream cabinet." It's not the kind of mismatch most people make on purpose. In fact, most of these are under the heading, "white cabinet and appliances." You should consider sticking with white. In the end you won't notice the exact hue of your cabinets, but you'll absolutely notice the mismatch every single day - or I would. I guess the trick is to decide whether you will.

• mayflowers
    7 years ago

The mismatch would bother me too but I'm a perfectionist.

• oasisowner
    7 years ago

The dishwasher bothered me - it was in the middle of a cabinet run. When we had to replace it, I went with a paneled front. The range and refrigerator are at ends of cabinet runs and that doesn't bother me.

• practigal
    7 years ago

Agreed. I would opt for a paneled dishwasher, the stove and fridge could be white or stainless.

• nosoccermom
    7 years ago

There are a couple of threads here. Personally, I think there needs to be either a pretty exact match or colors that are different enough.

cream cabinets - white appliances

Thread 2

Thread 3

• sheepla
    7 years ago

I'm following this thread with interest as I want ice white appliances and antiqued white cupboards as well.

• Kat
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Yes, eam44 I've googled and looked at images online, but there's not a ton and was also hoping to hear others thoughts as well. I'm confused by what you mean when you said I should consider sticking with white. Do you mean white cabinets? The cabinets are ordered and are antique white.

• Kat
    Original Author
    7 years ago

jhmarie, thanks, we have already ordered the cabinets. It's the double ovens I'm deciding on. If I go with stainless it will mean eventually having to replace the fridge as well. We are definitely getting a farmhouse sink, and I am considering a white subway backsplash, with an accent framed above the cook top.

• eam44
    7 years ago

Ah. Well, that's how it will look then. It'll be fine.

• Kat
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@eam44, thanks. I probably wasn't very clear with what I was actually looking for. I was just trying to figure out if we should change to stainless steel appliances for the double oven and dishwasher etc, even though I already have the white ice fridge that's just a year old and just plan to replace it down the road at some point. Does't seem like it matters any more since we got the very upsetting news that after cashing our very large check 3 weeks ago our contractor has not only NOT ordered our cabinets, but that he's in arrears with the cabinet company for a substantial amount already and so they won't be ordering any cabinets for us until he gets his account in order and we don't know what that means for us at the moment. We've used this GC before on big projects, without an issue but it seems that something is very off as he's been leading us to believe they were ordered all this time and then promising he was straightening it out and going to pay Friday first thing, but didn't do it. Now he says he's going this morning to take care of it. He was supposed to be starting here today on structural work. Sorry to go on, but I'm just so upset about this. I've waited 3 years to do this kitchen.

• practigal
    7 years ago

I'd start asking around about attorneys....

• Shauna
    5 years ago

Here is my kitchen with cream cabinets and white appliances. I've had this look for 14 years and am still happy with it as I wanted an old-fashioned, homey look. The biggest disadvantage is you are very limited on choices in white appliances, as I discovered when I went to replace my stove. If you go with stainless there are endless choices in all budgets. Still, my kitchen is relatively small so the lighter color helps expand the space, I think.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES