Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ndev0524

Have: Strawberries, Black raspberries, rootstocks, paw paw, more. G

ndev0524 Nick
7 years ago

I have a bunch of plants I need to get rid of this spring I would like to trade to good homes that will care or them. The reason is I was given an acre to start an orchard and a year later the owner was foreclosed on so I have no room for them anymore. My misfortune is your luck!

Here is what I have.

-Bristol black raspberries: tip layers (~25)

-Allstar strawberries: June bearing, runners (~40)

-Goji Berries: from seed, 4 yo (2)

-Paw Paw: from seed ~2ft for rootstock or growing out if you don't care if it's a named variety. (~15)

-Frontenac, Pinot Gris, and muscat of Norway wine grapes. These are actual plants not cuttings planted last year. I can get rid of 3 frontenac, 3 Pinot Gris, and 5 muscat of norways plants.

Rootstocks: all of these are tolerant of heavier soils, and most are dwarfing to a degree. I am willing to graft these for you if you send me the scion wood and maybe something extra if it's more than one, haha.

Gisela 6 dwarf Cherry: these were tissue culture by a company in WA and grow much better than layered stock. I have around 30 of these.

Bud9 super dwarf Apple: 6-10ft. around 30

Geneva 30 dwarf Apple: 8-12ft. around 30 of them.

Geneva 202 semi-dwarf Apple: 8-12 ft I have one of these and another I can't read what Geneva it I say but I think it's the same.

Marianna 2624: plum stock for peaches and plum and some apricots. Tolerant of heavy clay soils! I grafted a Blenheim apricot to one and it seem a to be growing well. (Have around 20)

OHxF 87 20% dwarfing: good for both European and Asian pears (have around 25)

I also have another Marianna rootstock that I forget the numbers for I will update this next time I'm at the orchard which should be in a few days this one was reported to have a bit better success with grafting peaches and apricots (about 15 of these.)

i would like to trade for these items as I spent a lot for them all but if I still have some around in May I'd rather do postage then have them get bulldozed when they start building houses. :(

i am looking for apple, European and ASIAN pear, plum, interspecific plums, cherry, peach, nectarine, paw paw, hazelnut, and persimmon scions. I also like any type of small fruit. It's too late for hardwood cutting so they'd have to have roots but I'd love any small fruit plants.

i also have a greenhouse in which I grow tropical fruit so any figs, or other tropical fruit plants or trees would be awesome.

i also like growing any kind of edible, medicinal, ethnobotanial plants for outside or the greenhouse.

For flowers I only really like unique stuff. I am also looking for camellia, mock orange, franklinia, red tea roses, and paper bush (edgeworthia)

vegetable seeds I'm looking for include kalettes, the salanova lettuces, sunchokes, and anything uncommon.

I like a huge variety of plants so if you don't have anything from above just make me an offer and obviously if you have something large from above I'd be willing to trade more than one thing to make up the difference.

sorry for how long this post is but hopefully I can find homes for all these plants and trade with some of you cool people!

Comments (28)

• shp123
    7 years ago

Hi Nick,

sorry to hear about your predicament. I have never traded plants before, I do have plenty of seeds, particularly Asian vegetables. Please check my list. I have cuttings of angel trumpet that I try to root over winter. Have to check if they took roots. I have a lot of rhizomes of canna.

let me know if I can interest you to trade with me.

Thanks,

sara

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    7 years ago

So I went to the orchard yesterday to move a few of the grape plants to my house and I got some of the varieties wrong.

I have 7 muscat of Norway, 2 Zinfandel, 2 Frontenac, and 2 regent wine grapes. I don't have the Pinot Gris. I can trade cuttings that you can root or graft or the actual plants themselves, which are all on rootstocks.

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    7 years ago

What are you interested in? I'd be willing to trade something for your water spinach. Do you have seeds or little plants if these to trade?

Thanks!

• shp123
    7 years ago

Nick, I will pm you.

• Dylan Joaquin(NorCal)
    7 years ago

I have fig cuttings.

• docgoose
    7 years ago

I have a decent size fig tree I need to get rid of...but it is rather large may be hard to transport...I am in NY. I have some plants and trees I could offer but I don't quite understand,,, (it kind of seems like you are asking for fruit trees also while trying to get rid of them???). I am interested in obtaining a Paw paw.

• SmokyMist
    7 years ago

I will know more in a few weeks what I have that I can trade, BUT, I have fig cuttings rooting from several varieties, also a golden raspberry that bears fruit in spring and the fall, over 50 other fruit trees/bushes that I grow in large tree sized pots, and tons of tropical plants. I have a hard time keeping up with what is being posted on this site since it changed over from Gardenweb, but if you can email me at fai34@chartertn.net I'd love to talk more. I am also in zone 7

• PaperFinch
    7 years ago

I have lots to trade, and would love blackberry or strawberry. Please message me if you'd be interested in a trade, or money for postage.

• bellashere
    7 years ago

I just moved to Illinois from Florida. Lost all my plants due to state to state regulations. Anything you might consider just for postage would be greatly appreciated. ehowellhampton@gmail.com

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I am looking for a few scions to graft onto the fruit trees and tropicals for my greenhouse. I still have left at my house, I am trying to get rid of more than I take in.

• ndev0524 Nick
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Paper finch, I would be interested in trading for a few of your rooted double purple rose of sharon.

• infiniteohms
    7 years ago

I'm interested in your paw paw, peach and pear rootstock. I have lots of interesting edible/fruiting plants to trade. I can't seem to find the link to message you, could you email me at rustic_live at yahoo dot com if you still have those to trade?

• aal1003
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Do you have any of the strawberries or grapes left and would do postage for them? I don't have a whole lot to trade.

• frankielynnsie
    7 years ago

I have sent you emails thru Houz but you have not responded. The tracking number said that the plants I sent were delivered on Monday April 17th. I haven't heard from you confirming their arrival or received your part of the trade. I hope this will get to you and that I will hear from you soon.

• Nikki Lambeth
    6 years ago

I would be interested in dwarf cherry and paw paw if you still have any of those left. I have a bunch of seedling peach trees this spring that my chickens planted for me last summer, and some wonderful tasting wild black raspberry that the birds planted for me years ago, and I now have plenty of tip layered starts to share.

• PaperFinch
    6 years ago

Has anyone actually received anything from Nick yet? I haven't...

• shp123
    6 years ago

Lol... I have not.

• frankielynnsie
    6 years ago

I sent and I have not gotten any thing back :c( Not even an email to say he got the plants but I know he did because the tracking said it was delivered. I will never send until I get their trade if it is someone new. Lesson learned.

• shp123
    6 years ago

He said he is a student. It is final exam time. Just giving him benefits of the doubts.

• mrsquinlan
    6 years ago

Any updates regarding these planned trades?

• shp123
    6 years ago

No, still no response from him yet.

• frankielynnsie
    6 years ago

No word from him or his side of the trade sent. Beware of N. Devan, Gilbertsville PA. Do not sent anything until he sends first.

• samsaraedu
    6 years ago

I never received anything from him for a trade set up last year. I sent a box full of fruit tree cuttings and plants and he acknowledged he got them, even commented on plants and then....nothing. An email 8 months later with a partial excuse and still nothing.

He gives trades a bad name.

• Mea Andrew
    6 years ago

Hello - Do you still have any strawberries or raspberries left ?!

• frankielynnsie
    6 years ago

Stay away from this guy--he only takes, never sends his part.

• leila hamaya
    6 years ago

yeah this guy burned me too. it happens sometimes, unfortunately. i sent him a nice boysenberry start, something else too...and he never sent the goji berries....he said he would...

• grandmaduck513
    6 years ago

Interested in the strawberries and grapes. I have red raspberries, golden raspberries, chives, rhubarb. Would also be willing to do postage. Please email me @ grandmaduck513@gmail.com if you are interested. TIA

Sponsored