Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
designerbrandy

we are using rubio monocoat

On floors but having a hard time getting color right. Looking for variation and warm but light washed out wood tones on white oak. Have concept photo. Is this table wire brushed to make the grain stay light? I feel like the top coat is making things go bluish gray instead of warm like this photo. Thanks for your help!
Rubio Monocoat USA Desk · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Rubio Monocoat USA
    7 years ago

Hi Brandy,

What color are you currently using?

The wire brushing will help the pigments build up in the soft grain, giving the "variation" I think you are looking for. Additionally, if you are looking for the cerused look, we offer a pretreatment product where you can pre-color with one color then coat over top with oil and come up with even more coloring options.

• PRO
    Brandy Scott - IBB Designer
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi,

Above are the photos of what we are trying to get to on white oak. We have tried several colors, all of which have been too dark. Listing them below. Additionally one of he top coatings has left more of a cooler blue gray sheen instead of the warm tones (more like the table on your post).

• Ash Grey
    • Titanium
    • Havannah
    • Slate Grey 50% - Pure 50%

Close up

This is what we are getting instead:

• PRO
    Rubio Monocoat USA
    7 years ago

I would recommend trying Cotton White or Cornsilk.

You can reference all our color choices at the link below. They're all shown on white oak samples too)

Rubio Monocoat Interior Colors