Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khoggard

Kitchen backsplash help

khoggard
7 years ago

I am building a new home and am having some trouble with the backsplash in the kitchen. I didn't realize the cabinets would be so tall with the cove crown moulding installed. The original plan was to tile the entire window wall with 3 x 12 white glossy handmade looking subway tile with white grout. Now, with the window trim being so close to sides of the cabinets and the cabinets being so close to ceiling height, I'm not sure what to do. Should I tile all the way up or keep it under the cabinets? Light rails are being installed on those uppers on either side of the window. A bit more design description: I have 10' ceilings...sink is under the window and the island has induction cooktop with downdraft and is 112" x 60" for scale. Floors are 10" x 60" wood look tile below... My husband thinks we should forgo window trim and butt tile up to the window with a schluster edge on sides and granite sill. Although the house is transitional I think it would look too modern as all the other doors and windows will be cased like the picture above. I definitely want a tile of some sort for more texture-not granite. Style of the home is comfortable no formality..it's on the water--on a harbor close to the beach.

Comments (10)