Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Got my Roses Unlimited order today...

bethnorcal9
7 years ago

Yay!! I got my order today. Was in transit a week!! The roses are great. Big and nice, and some have buds. One even bloomed, most likely opened in transit. Has another bud on it too. I love it. I got this pic this evening. Should've taken one before I stuck it out in the rain. Still looks good tho. I'm gonna love it when it gets established and loaded with blooms.

LIOLA

The other roses I got are OSIRIA, PINK MASTERPIECE, HEADLINER, LILLIAN, and TANYA. I should've taken pics of those plants, but it was just so wet out there....

Comments (12)

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    7 years ago

Wow Beth that is a beauty ! I had to run to hmf and look it up , it sure is so pretty . So delicate looking . Beautiful!

Mine will be shipping soon from them , I can't wait . I have Sonia rykiel , sceptered isle , 2 Colette , Wollerton old hall and Evelyn coming . Maybe I'll sneak one more onto my order! Muahahaha ;)

• Buford_NE_GA_7A
    7 years ago

I was able to go to RU last summer when they had their $10 sale. I bought a bunch. I did buy a lot of minis and planted them last year. They are really doing well and putting on a lot of growth. Some of them are huge for minis. RU is good stuff.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Yep they're the best. Can be a little pricey shipping for those of us on the West Coast, but if it's a rose you can't find anywhere else, it's worth it. And the plants are pretty darn big for 1gallon size. They pack them so well, it's almost a nightmare to get them out, especially when you're so excited to see them!! LOL I have ordered from them for many yrs now. I am actually thinking about doing a second order.

Lisa, you mentioned SONIA RYKIEL... I had her and she was in the batch of roses along the upper fence where it was too shady. I dug all the roses outta there after the septic re-do, because I have more room in full sun now. And SR was one of the roses that apparently died. Altho, last fall I found a tiny little own root rose sprouted up a few months after the dig-up, and it appears to have come from her spot. So I potted it up and am "impatiently" waiting to see if it ends up being her ... or not. Most of the roses in that particular area were own root, so there's a possibility. But it could be anything. I have to wait and see if it blooms this yr. Either way, tho, I'm seriously thinking about ordering her anyway, just because. And then of course, I have to order at least 4 roses total to make it worth it! LOL

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I have been having issues with my Sonia Rykiel. I have not been able to provide an environment for this rose to thrive. Its appearance is pretty sad. I am wondering now if it really would be happier in the ground versus a pot....??

Hopefully, my order including Chartreuse de Parme, Mary Washington, and Earth Angel will arrive in a day or so.

Their shipping to the West is pricey, but I have always been very satisfied with plants received from them.....

• jabubaoski
    7 years ago

My order arrived yesterday as well. 2 Kordes Quick Silver and 1 Bolero. I’ve been calling the last 2 weeks to see if I could add 1 Earth Angel but the phone line was either busy or went to voicemail. Probably for the best!

The plants are reasonably sized (comparable to past orders from Chamblees), the pots aren’t full with soil, but they seem healthy and I get bonus buds! 2 must have opened while in transit.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    7 years ago

That's exciting to have buds already ! Mine will be shipped next week and I also keep hemming and hawing about adding to it. there just always seems to be one more ! What are your plans for 2 quicksilver? A arbor?

• jabubaoski
    7 years ago

The 2 QS will hopefully climb up the sides of a pergola! It’s not yet constructed - probably another 4-5 weeks, so I just upgraded their flimsy nursery pots and added some soil/compost. The flower itself is very pretty, no scent, but that could be the rain?

• summersrhythm_z6a
    7 years ago

My RU order will be here at the end of May, waiting for "Kiss me Kate" to be ready. I also ordered 1 Sonia Rykiel, hope it likes zone 6a.

• Lisa Adams
    7 years ago

Beth, I hope your little survivor turns out to be Sonia Rykiel. I think Roses Unlimited is the only place that carries her. You are right about the shipping being a bit pricey to CA, but the selection is wonderful. They do seem to stay in transit for a good while too. Mine are recovering nicely, so no harm done there. I'm thrilled to have them as a resource that will ship to CA. I don't even look at the roses on the Long Ago Roses list. It's too sad, seeing something I really want and knowing they don't ship to CA. (Like Annie Laurie McDowall)

Jabubaoski, Your roses look great. I can tell they were in transit less time than mine were, and probably didn't have to travel through really warm temperatures. It's supposed to get up to 95 here tomorrow.

Desertgarden, I was told by someone (forgot who) that SR liked her water and sulked if she didn't get some afternoon shade. I don't know how to post a link, but it is in my post titled " Violet's Pride is (over)loaded with blooms". Lisa

• Ashley Zone6b
    7 years ago

Yay how exciting!