Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

Super Mega Quantity of Pics of Emerging Hostas (and Heuchies)

You asked, we finally had a sunny day, I went outside and DID it! Enjoy!

Rainbow's End

Paradise Island

Comments (8)

• Esther-B, Zone 7a
    Original Author
    7 years ago

More mega quantities of emerging hostas and heuchies

• don_in_colorado
    7 years ago

Esther, your place is looking absolutely great! So glad to see it getting nice and established. Congratulations! (Actually, I'm quite envious now because about 45 of my hostas are dead this spring. Not exactly sure what happened.) Very happy to see, after ALL THAT BULLS&!T with your property owners and neighbors, how great they look now. Onwards and upwards! : )

• Esther-B, Zone 7a
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks, Don. Gee, that's horrible that you lost 45 hostas. Wow. I still have Sparkler, Mellow Mood (new last year) and High Society missing in action. I dug around where they were planted, to about a 1" depth under the mulch, and there was nothing there. I'm giving them another week and then ordering replacements.

As for the neighbor drama, NEW Chinese people bought the upper apartment next to me and started doing a kitchen renovation, along with its banging, scraping, etc. noises---at 3 a.m., over more than one night. And then took out the old stove and fridge, banging their way down 14 stairs to the outside. They woke me and my downstairs neighbors up, including a baby. They also installed ceiling tracks for ceiling to floor curtains like at a doctor's office (you could see these through the window at night), dividing up the living room into several sections, and stacks of bunkbeds in each section. An illegal boarding house. I notified the Powers that Be and the hoard of young adults left together in a beat-up van at 1 a.m. one night, each clutching a garbage bag of belongings. This is what my garden meant to them: a place to dump cigarette butts and garbage, bushes to spread their rugs out on to dry, and just today, while raking up old oak leaves, I discovered they had hidden a bag of empty bottles under the Obligatory Bushes until they could get to redeem them. Good riddance!

I hope you can get to the bottom of your hosta loss. That is a lot of money invested!

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Esther, your hostas are beautiful as are your pictures of them! It's nice to get reacquainted with them again. LPP is a gorgeous plant - can't wait to compare mine to yours and everyone else's this year!

Remember Me is exquisite! Rainbow's End so eager to unfurl and sooo pretty! (Mine has gained stride from the last few warm days.)

You are doing a good job keeping people honest! As far as the trash etc in your garden, I sympathize. I am glad it will be minimized at least.

What, besides a couple of hosta replacements, are you going to add this year? Any new heuchies catch your eye?

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada
    7 years ago

Esther, love your name tags. They are adorable. Oh yeah, and your hostas ..........Very nice.

• Esther-B, Zone 7a
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Josephine---it is pretty certain, after digging around, that High Society, Sparkler, and Mellow Mood are gone. I am thinking of Royal Tiara, Virginia Reel, and Hideout as replacements. Do you, or does anyone, have experience with these?

• stephanie_h12
    6 years ago

They are all beautiful. I love spring when everything is fresh and rejuvenated.