Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ells33

Opinions on Crown Molding

ells33
6 years ago

I'm looking for opinions on crown molding.

1) Has anyone worked with or seen polyurethane molding (e.g. http://www.ekenamillwork.com/about-our-products/urethane-millwork/moulding/crown-moulding/4-to-6-face/3-3-4-h-x-4-1-8-p-x-5-5-8-f-x-94-1-2-l-dylan-traditional-smooth-crown-moulding.html)?

I'm considering it as it seems to have more modern options (more straight lines, less curves) but none of the contractors seem familiar with it so I'd welcome any feedback on whether it is a good product or if I should stick to MDF or wood.

2) In the kitchen, we installed new cabinets and they have molding at the top. Should we add that same molding to the entire kitchen (e.g., add it above the windows and to the breakfast nook).

3) Finally, I'd welcome any general thoughts on crown molding. We are trying to have a modern home, but are probably landing somewhere in the transitional style. Our ceilings are not high (8.5') but most of the downstairs is basically white (swiss coffee) to make the space feel bigger. So we were thinking of adding crown to make the area feel more finished and create some separation between the walls and ceiling.

Thanks so much!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH