Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fluffmuffin46

Need some help identifying some succulents!

Shelby Lynn
6 years ago

Hello, forum! I've recently started keeping succulents around my room and I love the fact that the succulent trend is in full swing! I've spent the last hour or two trying to identify all of my leafy roommates, but I'm struggling with these last few. Help would be great! :)

2)

3)

4)

thanks in advance! :)

Comments (5)

• Helen Agius (Adelaide,Sth Aus) USDA Z10b
    6 years ago

Hi Shelby. They look lovely :-)

I'm mostly guessing here, but I'm sure others will pipe up.

The first one looks a bit like a taller version of my Gasteria 'little warty', so maybe a Gasteria? If not, maybe an Aloe?

Your 2nd plant is a Crassula, not sure which one. Guess... perforata?

3rd plant an Echeveria?

4th, another Gasteria, maybe

It will be interesting to see if I get any correct lol. Just practicing my identifying skills, or lack of lol.

Good luck

• Laura F (z9FL)
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

the first one looks like a gasteraloe to me. Not lime warty, i grow that. Generally I'm not so good at IDs.

Your room looks rather dark. Most succulents like very high light. In addition they like well draining soil and some of your soil looks like it has a lot of peat moss in it which holds moisture. You might consider replanting in a fast draining soil mix before you have rotting issues.

Good luck on your love of plants.

• succulentss
    6 years ago

Hello! Pretty plants. But your room does look far too dark, I suggest putting them in the brightest area possible. Since I wanted mine in my home but I had no good lighting, I bought a grow light. Also, your soil looks peaty.. I would suggest for starting a mix of 60/40 perlite and Cactus and Succulent soil. Make sure you sift your perlite. Lastly, do those pots have drainage holes in the bottom? They are very important.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

4. not gasteria, but Aloe 'Walmsley's bronze' variegata (or xAlworthia?)

1. perhaps etiolated Haworthia?

• Shelby Lynn
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you all for your help! Side note, a lot of you said my room looks dark in these photos and that's probably because I took these photos in the evening (some from 7ish when the sun was just starting to go down while the others at like 11pm lol)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH