Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
worldwomble

Printed image kitchen splashback - trendy or tacky?

worldwomble
10 years ago
Hi Houzzers

I have just built a transportable 12 x 3.6m unit that consists of a bedroom, proposed bathroom/laundry and proposed open kitchen/living room.
At present, it is a completely empty shell with metal skinned walls and ceiling and plywood floors.
I am desperately in need of a simple colour scheme that I can carry throughout the whole unit, for everything from paint colours, floor covering colours, tiles, bench tops, cabinets, furniture and soft furnishings to the wood colour /type for tables etc.
I had an interior designer come for a one off visit but I've only ended up more confused with her advice...she gave me hundreds of colours to choose from, from the colour groups 'blue based red' and 'blue based green' which no doubt makes perfect sense to a professional but has totally stumped me.

I've since been reading through a lot of idea books here and came across a wonderful site called Design Seeds which has given me an idea. I was thinking I could choose one of the beautiful images, (like the ones pictured), have it made into a glass splashback for the kitchen then use the colours in the image to decorate and furnish the unit.

What do you think?

Charlie

Comments (6)