Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gsciencechick

Day 28 - My House in August: New

gsciencechick
6 years ago

So, what are some new things in your home?

New Electrolux induction range from this summer.

Comments (21)

• Bonnie
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

New cushions for sofa under the pergola. Billie approves!

Fall is in the air! Back to school tomorrow. DH and I will soon be dining in the DR. We eat our dinners by candlelight and have either placemats or a tablecloth with cloth napkins. This tablecloth is new and DH just said he doesn't like it! He also thinks we should change the window panels to a solid. He had zero opinions until he retired!

• rockybird
    6 years ago

I posted these earlier. Alexander Girard ottoman:

Herman Miller Eames dowel leg chair(dark blue one):

Hans Wegner chairs:

gsciencechick thanked rockybird
  • Bunny
    6 years ago

Fresh paint, new garage lights and house numbers:

New side yard fence:

Don't laugh. My first Rev-A-Shelf installation:

gsciencechick thanked Bunny
  • Sueb20
    6 years ago

New duvet cover from Anthro, set aside for fall. Still need insert.

Got this cute bath rug a couple of months ago.

And a new "goldfish" plant.

gsciencechick thanked Sueb20
  • joaniepoanie
    6 years ago

Sueb.....I'm looking for round bath rugs.....may I ask where you found yours?

Heres our deck. We had it restained gray this spring. We had a clear stain put on when it was rebuilt three years ago and it turned out neon orange...it drove me crazy. Love the new gray color.

gsciencechick thanked joaniepoanie
  • Bonnie
    6 years ago

joaniepoanie, I like the new deck color. Looks great! I have the same deck planter boxes, but due to sheer laziness did not put them out this year. Yours look lovely!

• czarinalex
    6 years ago

New outdoor dining set on the deck

• Sueb20
    6 years ago

Joanie, I could have sworn I got it from Garnet Hill or Company Store, but I don't see it there. Huh...maybe I got it from Overstock! (They have other round ones, too -- you can search bath mats by shape.)

https://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Jessica-Simpson-Medallion-Bath-Rug-26-x-26/10648568/product.html?TID=QV2:VIEWALLDETAILS

• joaniepoanie
    6 years ago

Thanks Sue!

Bonnie_Ann......thanks! DH is the green thumb...it's all his handiwork. I don't have a knack for plants at all.

• Peppapoodle
    6 years ago

New old lamp I had made & new cream linen pillow covers. Old dog enjoying his senior years:)

Hand painted finial on lamp

• raphaellathespanishwaterdog
    6 years ago

Most of my new things are actually old, lol!!

The vase (seen in a previous post!), whilst not an antique, is 'vintage' although most likely not terribly so. We found it a few weeks ago........

The butterflies and moths - which I appreciate won't be to everyone's taste, but they are old - were found last weekend (the two with yellow mounts) and last month (the white framed set). We used to have a huge collection but sold them with another property. Now we're trying to build up the collection again.......

Lastly, we found this monkey lamp in Home Sense, but didn't like the boring blue shade that came with it. They also had this way more interesting crochet shade which adds a pop of colour :)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    6 years ago

Like Raphaella, I was trying to think of anything new that I'd bought and was coming up empty. I always prefer vintage whenever possible. But then I saw Linelle's fence above, and thought of mine put in in July.

I needed to replace the old cedar fence that I had installed for the 'puppy pen' in Oct. 1996! But we did get our money's worth out of that one that lasted 21 years. It's like Ft Knox for my 'kids', and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll be glad when it weathers to gray and doesn't look so 'out there'.

gsciencechick thanked My3dogs ME zone 5A
  • Kitch4me
    6 years ago

Newest are the bedroom lamps..

A few months old, cow hide from flea market and lumbar pillow from etsy

• cliff_and_joann
    6 years ago

This is last thing we made... We completed it in mid July.

it's a outdoor wet bar...we use the 'wet' for watering our plants

the fridge for beer and soda, and the cabinet houses a big pail

for the recycable cans...The covered sink is from Korea. The

faucet is our old Price Phister kitchen faucet. Even the tiles

are leftovers from our stove backsplash...The bluestone top is from

a path in back of our pond. Actually, the only thing we bought was

the spray sealer for the blue stone.

We made it all with recycled cedar from our old wet bar.

gsciencechick thanked cliff_and_joann
  • LynnNM
    6 years ago

I spent this morning repainting some of the wrought iron furniture out on our bedroom portal. Please overlook the partially missing brick flooring, as we're getting ready to do some renovating there. Anyhoo, this furniture was white, while the wrought iron furniture on our back portal off the family room is green.

Back portal furniture (off the family room):

As you can see one portal from the other, I wanted them to match. Now all the furniture is green, and all the seat cushions and throw pillows coordinate. So, newly painted furniture, new throw pillows for the bench, and a new pot of succulents for the table. Much more still to do, but that's my "New" for today.

gsciencechick thanked LynnNM
  • OutsidePlaying
    6 years ago

I think I posted this already, but this is the newest item...my new porch lounge chair. Getting a new sofa in a few days though. Just waiting for the delivery.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    6 years ago

Joanie, have you had any trouble keeping your grey decking clean? My DH painted ours, but it always looks dirty with dogs tracking dirt on it and trees dropping. Sigh. I don't have time to clean it every day!

• roarah
    6 years ago

My new curbside find. It needs refinishing but it works for the moment as a night stand.

• jakabedy
    6 years ago

I was reminded of just how much "new" we have in this new house when the credit card bill came today. New range (no pic), washer and dryer, recliners (2), shed, bubble lamp . . . and on order is a cool new ceiling fan for the MBR and a hip, modern, ridiculously expensive new custom mailbox.

• maire_cate
    6 years ago

Another new house (at least new to us) owner here so it's easy to find a few photos. We should move in about 2 weeks.

new range

bathroom off the kitchen,