Look what happened after the bathroom remodel

Terrie Danforth
6 years ago

Hired a handy man what a mistake..now what

Comments (13)

• dchall_san_antonio
    6 years ago

So what happened after the remodel?

What was remodeled (apparently not the bathtub)?

• sdello
    6 years ago

was that his "remodel"? to install vice grips instead of a handle?

• toxcrusadr
    6 years ago

Either this remodel happened a long time ago, or that's a Before picture. :-P

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6 years ago

Is this a joke!?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

Seriously!!!!!!?? Has the art of simple communication gone to the dogs? What exactly are we looking at in that mess?

• Terrie Danforth
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Seriously??your in a mood because I haven't communicated how l've wasted a ridiculous amount of time and money with our "friend" handyman on fixing the tub and what does he do. He tiles around the broken fixtures so not only is his tile job falling (it's looking like a slide) but he put vise grips on the problem!!!! All because I paid a plumber to fix it and he cut out the wall then explained how he was an apprentice. That was as far as he goes. !!! This DIY stuff isn't really DIY, it's TIY (TRY IT YOURSELF) then call a professional.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

So. You want us to say you should have called a pro? You. should. have. called. a. pro. I'm not in a "mood", I just don't read minds : ) Neither does anyone else. But you are free to vent your displeasure at the result you got from the two hacks in their trades.

It may be time for a new tub shower.... all new, done by pros.

• Najeebah
    6 years ago
    well it seems you know the answer to "now what"
    this is one of the best advice forums out there. be nice, and people here will take time out to help you more than you can imagine. but if you don't work with those people effectively, it won't benefit you in the least.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 years ago

Ditto.

• thatsmuchbetter
    6 years ago

Hoooz, good times

• geoffrey_b
    6 years ago

First of all - those things don't just happen - it's years worth of engineering experience.

I would suggest getting a vise-grip with a finish that matches your trim.

However the current vise-grip matches that nasty tub spout.

• PRO
    Kitchens & Bathrooms First
    6 years ago

looks like a contractor from kijiji , we suggest you always check better business bureau before any renovation . Tile job is awful , plumbing and tub all need to go now .Trust the pros