Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cocrazywoman

RMG Fall Swap 2017 September 23, 12-2

cocrazywoman
6 years ago

Hi!

I'll be hosting the fall swap 09/23/2017 (Thornton)!

All are invited!

Please message me and I'll send you my address.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Thanks!

CoCrazyWoman

Comments (10)

• stace_s
    6 years ago

I'll be there! I'll be bringing raspberries, mint, sweet woodruff, a few baby lilacs, a comfry plant, and some larkspur seeds. I can also bring some cut rhubarb if anyone wants it. Beth, if you find this post in time, I can still bring you some periwinkle starts.

cocrazywoman thanked stace_s
  • cocrazywoman
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hi,

I've got plates, napkins, silverware, cups, numbers if we need them. I'll make a main dish (maybe chicken and rice) and zucchini gratin. I'll probably have a veggie tray and some sort of sweets (maybe some chocolates or something).

I will get name tags. I'll have pens/pencils/markers and labels if people need them.

It's predicted to be thunderstorming out so my DH will be setting up our front room with tarps so we can plop the plants down right there. We *live* in our house, so it's no trouble if people are coming in and out if it's raining. :-)

We have seating for 30 and can put the plants on a 9 foot pool table in the middle of the room and also on a tarp on the floor if it's easier/better. All family is invited - I live across from a park if you have kids that would bike/scooter/play basketball, etc. under your supervision.

REMEMBER, you don't have to have plants to swap to come to the swap!!!

Now for the really important stuff:

I have many, many daylilies, a burning bush, sedum (neon), and assorted other perennials that my "eyes were bigger than my digging/time allotment". So, some are still in nursery pots. (I can't pass up a bargain!).

I also have many summer bulbs, coleus and sweet potato vine cuttings (cuttings on the spot if anyone wants them) and houseplants if anyone is interested, I will either a) dig them up on the spot, or b) earmark them for when I dig them up or c) Let's have another swap for summer bulbs!!

Super, super, excited!

CoCrazyWoman

• Faith
    6 years ago

Ok, I had to do a little schedule rearranging, but I'll be there! I'll bring something yummy (not sure what), along with my 3-year-old daughter Sophie.

For plants, I've got mature rudbeckia and Shasta daisies, and red hot pokers.

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I’ve been holding off posting this, hoping for a change, but it looks like I’m not gonna be able to make it to this swap! On Wednesday evening I suddenly got cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting, and with a couple days till Saturday I figured I’d have enough time to be feeling better again, but, while I am starting to get better, it’s not better enough yet! I’m still getting intermittent cramps that are severe enough to totally STOP me, and even if I felt like I could safely drive there, I wouldn’t be much fun curled up on the ground every now and then!

Sorry I can’t make it this time, and hope to see you all at the spring swap.

Have a great time,

Skybird

• Oladon
    6 years ago

Yikes, get better soon, Skybird! Curled up on the ground is no place for a bird!

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    6 years ago

Thanks, Oladon! Curled up on the ground/floor is definitely no place for a bird--OR a human! This will be the first time since we started the swaps in spring of 2007 that I will have been in Denver and not be able to be at the swap! I think it must have been something I ate or drank, but I can't imagine what! Am amazed how long it's taking to get over it! I THINK I'll be better by the Spring Swap ;-D

Hope you all have a good time and that the weather holds out for you,

Skybird

• cocrazywoman
    Original Author
    6 years ago

So sorry you are sick Skybird. Get well soon. It won't be the same without you!

• Faith
    6 years ago

Nancy, thanks for hosting a small but productive swap! Your house was lovely and your gardens were great! Your dahlias were especially impressive. Now it just has to stop raining long enough for me to get my new plants into the ground!

• stace_s
    6 years ago

Cocrazywoman, Thank you so much for hosting the swap! I got everything planted, now I just need to be patient until spring... Hopefully I'll warm back up and dry out by then, too!