Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mariella_magnani

What can I put on the walls or next to the tv?

Mariella Magnani
6 years ago
This wall looks empty. I don't know if I should put artwork around the tv or something next to the tv. Help.

Comments (15)

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I would go with drapes as high as you can.

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    6 years ago

You don't need anything but window treatments.

• just_terrilynn
    6 years ago

Drapes and if you want art up there look on Etsy for art glass / stained glass or commission a local artist if you want an exact fit and not a rectangle. I don't know your decor or taste so the below is just an example.

• Denita
    6 years ago

Needs a much longer TV cabinet/console. Not sure drapes work on these windows, but some other window treatment like shades rather than drapes.

• dyliane
    6 years ago

a wayyyyyyyy longer console tv

• Elle
    6 years ago
    I think it’s the color of the tv console rather than the size (although size would help). I’d choose a contrasting color to the wall and then put a chair with a cozy blanket and/or pillow in either corner facing out.
  • Denita
    6 years ago

The console needs to be at least 25% wider than the TV and I prefer an even longer console. Right now, if you look at the original post (and not the mock up where it was extended) it looks like the TV could topple off the top of the current console as it is very precariously placed and crowded. That alone would make looking at the area uncomfortable to me.

• just_terrilynn
    6 years ago

Does the TV have to go on that wall?

Could you post a floor plan?

• everdebz
    6 years ago

can you post more of your room?

• User
    6 years ago

Seriously why does she need to go out and buy a new console and a bigger TV? That's a bit ridiculous in my opinion. What about baskets next to the console or a plant? A chair in the corner maybe? But it's hard to tell what the entire room looks like.

• everdebz
    6 years ago

Stephanie has a point - with windows there, a plant on each side? giving room for area to breathe. Could try plant stands to raise up easy pothos/ English ivy, which I think doesn't mind some shade.

• everdebz
    6 years ago

Do you get glare and want to cover windows...

• Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

An inexpensive way to add more prominence to the wall is with color blocking. I can't quite see the colors in your rug, but I'd pick one and put it on the wall behind the TV to give it more presence.

• Deborah M
    6 years ago
    I’m thinking the TV needs to be mounted about 6-8” below the window with a lower side to side 12 to 18” floating shelf or very wide simple sofa table of some sort that can have baskets or odd-shaped containers below. Plants or artwork reaching up along the sides of the TV...something to give the TV a wider framing as it’s a bit small. For drapes if you must have them, I’d do floor to ceiling subtle colored to disappear into the wall. If glare is a problem, maybe inside window pull downs.