Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
megan_dippolito

ceramic bead board backsplash but what behind the range ! Help please!

Megan Dippolito
6 years ago
I finally found ceramic bead board tile for my 1902 farmhouse colonial kitchen Reno . However it is 24” and I will need 36” for behind the range. I don’t want to see a vertical seam. Any suggestions on what kind of tile I can put behind range that will coordinate nicely? I am looking for a simple look , something appropriate with the age of the home. Casual and not too trendy. The countertops will be leathered Jet must granite. Thanks in advance

Comments (15)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

A slab of soapstone behind cook, and switch counter tops to same soapstone, or just use a simple subway tile instead of the bead board, and keep the counters. Or a slab of jet mist behind the cook, with the beadboard. I like soapstone better than the granite . . , Post the bead board ceramic.

I see the barn so yes, I WOULD consider the soapstone......totally and authentically appropriate here.. : )

• Megan Dippolito
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    My concern with soapstone was care and maintenance . Jet mist was the closest similar granite . Soapstone was original thought
  • palimpsest
    6 years ago

Countertop material or stainless.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

An occasional mineral oil is the "maintenance" on soapstone . But,..... either way, you do NOT want to mix a tile with that ceramic. At all. Use a slab of the jet mist behind the cook. Nothing will look better.

Soapstone is actually a rock . Nothing else is more tolerant of heat. Nothing. Another bonus when setting a hot pan down. No worries.

Megan Dippolito thanked JAN MOYER
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago

It is also impervious to bacteria, since it is non porous. A simple soap and water clean up. : )

Megan Dippolito thanked JAN MOYER
  • Megan Dippolito
    Original Author
    6 years ago

as far as the jet mist as a backsplash, does anyone have any pictures ? I have never seen that look. I may have to rethink my use of ceramic bead board :(

• DrB477
    6 years ago

here's at least a black stone, i think yours would look better than this does with a simpler monochrome white backsplash but its definitely going to make your range even more of a focal point of the kitchen which may or may not be something you want to do.

try doing a google image search "granite behind range" or similar phrases for some more pictures.

stainless is another option. or just stick with the beadboard and have a seam.

• Megan Dippolito
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Stainless ideas. Thanks for suggestions
  • mcdb
    5 years ago

Here's a pic of soapstone as backsplash I found. Nice! I love the look and kind of wish I purchased this instead of the light colored quartzite for my counters. It's not installed yet but I'm concerned it would give as warm and inviting of a feel as I'd like. I'll have to play with back splash ideas as well. I was thinking of carrying the stone up the wall but I'm not sure if that's too cold of a feel with quartzite.

• mishdish
    17 days ago

Please post a picture of what the end results were. I’m thinking of doing 6x18 subway tile vertical (mimic shiplap) and then jet mist similiar design above. I’d love to see how yours turned out.
    Thank you.

• L C
    16 days ago

Can you tell me where you found that ceramic beadboard, I’m interested in doing the same but haven’t been able to source it.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    16 days ago

Google Ceramic Beadboard Tile

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    16 days ago
  • L C
    16 days ago

Thanks, yes I did see that - I was hoping for a different source as I’m in Canada (exchange rate/shipping too high).