Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lupitaqt

material on exterior

E C
6 years ago
What material is the black part of the exterior of the house?
Memorial/Bunker Hill Residence · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Merge Architects
    6 years ago

That product is Kerlite Tile, a very thin porcelain tile that we found at Horizon Italian Tile, Houston. We selected a solid charcoal color sized 18x36 and finished with black grout joints.

E C thanked Merge Architects
  • E C
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you! We have been trying to figure out what to put on the similar parts of our home and are trying to decide on acrylic stucco or a tile. What kind of roof does the house have? And what brand of windows?

• E C
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I am actually working with Ram on the windows. We are buying the picture windows from them and everything else from Western. I'm glad that you are reinforcing that I am going in the correct direction on that.

I have never heard of 80 Mil TPO roof, I will have to look into it. What contractor installed it?

We come from San Diego CA and everything out there was stucco. When we moved to Houston all we mostly saw was brick. On this Memorial home, what are the other materials (white and beige, I think its stone) you used on the outside?

• PRO
    Merge Architects
    6 years ago
    We used stucco and a cultured thin stone by arriscraft called arristile. Do you need a contractor who knows what they are doing with a modern home? I also own and manage a construction company.
  • E C
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I think we might end up needing one. The contractor we are working with knows nothing about modern homes. He wanted to put shingles on a flat roof. Is there a phone number or email where I can reach you?
  • PRO
    Merge Architects
    6 years ago
    Please call me after noon tomorrow as I'm in meetings all morning, my number is 281.914.7175
  • PRO
    Merge Architects
    6 years ago
    My email address is keith@merge-architects.com you can reach me easier through email than houzz as sometimes the app does not notify me