Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jillnalston

Flooring advice for high traffic mud room.

Jill Alston
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I want to replace the flooring in my high traffic mud room/laundry room. I live in Canada and we have snow/mud/dirt 7 months out of the year, and also 4 kids. It is the room I enter and leave my house throughout the day and it makes me sad every time I walk on this floor because it is stained with dirt and impossible to keep clean (you can't tell in the picture). You can see the grime/smudges on the floor at all times, even right after cleaning, and it is stained a dirt color even though I've been very careful to clean it regularly. It is vinyl tile and the grout also gets stained.

I would like to replace it with something low maintenance that is easy to keep clean. I'm thinking maybe linoleum. I like tile but I'm worried about trying to keep grout clean/having to reseal it etc. If I lived in a warmer climate I would have built lockers in the garage to keep the shoes outside of the house, but it is too cold here. Anyone have any ideas for a good flooring/colors for this room (all my walls are grey)?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022