Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hwesthoff

Anyone have sofa/sectional from Cococo??

hwesthoff
6 years ago

I'm strongly considering purchasing a sofa from there since I read bad reviews from RH sofas and they can do one the same. Problem is, my husband and I both have bad backs and need something pretty firm. They aren't giving me a whole lot of detail as to the level of firmness and I'm nervous to purchase it without sitting in it. I guess they have to fills, one is down which we would NOT get, and the other is something called Triennial (spelling?). Can anyone that has the sofa tell me how it feels? On a level of 1-10 how firm is it? Thank you!!

Comments (17)

• User
    6 years ago

I have been sitting here trying to think what Cococo is. The only thing that comes to mind, did you mean Costco?

• deegw
    6 years ago

If you are worried about comfort, it is worth a drive to the store to try it out yourself.

The other issue is to carefully consider the size. Warehouse and furniture stores are large, well lit places and it is hard to get an idea of what the furniture will look like in your home. We often get posts from people who purchase large, dark furniture and are disappointed because it makes their space look dark and cramped.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Margie - here is their website - https://www.cococohome.com/

"WE ARE AMERICA’S CHESTERFIELD SOFA COMPANY

We are a family owned, custom upholstered furniture maker in North Carolina, offering up to date styles, and our chesterfield sofas.
    We are passionate about our furniture, which we like to think shines
    through in our work. COCOCO Home provides a unique shopping experience
    when compared to high-end furniture stores, offering customleather or fabric furniture. Oh, and with the fastest lead time in the business."

Reviews from YELP - https://www.yelp.com/biz/cococohome-cornelius

Reviews from Houzz - https://www.houzz.com/browseReviews/cococo?lt=hl

• User
    6 years ago

Thanks My3dogs. I never heard of them.

• Joe Walker
    5 years ago

I bought a sofa and had a challenging experience. R&C are a couple of marketers who have outsourced manufacturing and fulfillment to (apparently) a contract furniture manufacturer in NC. The point is...the sales end of the business is disconnected from and clearly not interested in fulfillment, and the fulfillment end of this shop isn't at all interested in customer service. Trust me...no one is interested in you. Once you place the order, THEY WILL NOT CALL YOU. If they tell you 10-12 weeks, at the end of 12 weeks, they will not call you to update and reset your expectations. You have to reach out or there will be no communication.

My couch was delivered without legs at 10pm by a clearly drunk deliveryman. The replacement legs arrived later but were not the correct type. Their interest level in getting this right was low (as above). Eventually, they hired a local repairman to make the repair...but it mostly felt like nothing more than a pain in their neck. The onus was on me to push for the progress to get things right. They didn't care.

In the end, I have a couch and not a cheap one. The quality was lower than I was expecting based on the internet reputation. The pillow cushion clasps were nonfunctional from day one. At the same time, I also bought a leather chesterfield from cococo. I had a much better experience...but the two companies are not significantly different. I think that Roger and Chris used cococo as their manufacturer in the past before the relationship ended.

In the end, it is all about your expectations on the front end. For me...for the price...the quality is disappointing, and the service was poor. I wouldn't buy from them again. When choosing btw Roger & Chris and CococoHome, I would choose cococo.

• rogerc
    4 years ago

As Cococo doesn't have a showroom near me, I'm also interested in hearing from anyone that has actually tried one with the Trillium Fiber filling.

hwesthoff - I'm considering the same sofa you mentioned. Did you end up purchasing from Cococo?

• Michelle M
    4 years ago

We have a sofa from Cococo that we have had for several years. It is the tight back rolled arm English style in leather. We love it. It is firmer to sit on, which I love, and has held up pretty well to our pets. Very, very comfortable and good quality in my opinion.

• debs25
    3 years ago

hwesthoff Did you ever end up purchasing a sectional from COCOCO? I am in the same boat with a bad neck/back and need firm but live to far from a location to drive there. Can you tell me what you ended up finding? Thanks so much!

• hl_60
    3 years ago

We have 2 Cococo couches (a 103" leather chesterfield and an army duck cloth English arm 3 seater). Love them. We've had both for 7yrs now and even with daily sitting, and bouncy kids, they've both held up perfectly. Only thing I have done is to condition the leather to maintain it's beautiful smooth surface.

Highly recommend. We bought both sight unseen and had them freight delivered. A very easy process

• Megan Dale
    3 years ago

I just received a sleeper sofa. Love how it looks. Made very well. The best communication while it was being made. It is too firm for my liking. Does it soften up and become more comfortable? In wondering if they used different foam because of covid because all the reviews I’ve read talk about how comfortable they are.

• hl_60
    3 years ago

They gently break-in with use, but while also staying structured. I've had 2 Cococo couches (see my post above) for 7 yrs. Seats are comfy but still look new (no sagging, etc)

• Megan Dale
    3 years ago

Thank you. I think my cushions were somewhat frozen lol they have since softened some since delivery.

• HU-712391181
    3 years ago

I bought a chair from them a year or so ago and love it. It is very comfortable and seems well made. Customer service was not the best but love the chair.

• Williams Patricia
    3 years ago

Comfortable- Co, Couch- Co, Company-Co. I'm pretty sure that's what it's about.

• dani_m08
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Older thread - I found this thread because I was looking for honest comments about COCOCO Home. I assume others in my situation will also stumble upon it.

First, please know that the following is not intended to be a judgment re: the quality (or lack thereof) of furniture offered by COCOCO Home. I have no personal knowledge/information on this business. I am still researching several possible sources for two leather (requested by my SO) accent chairs for the hearth area in my kitchen. The only ”experience” I have re: leather furniture is one purchase made many years ago (Lillian August leather wingback chair + ottoman w downfilled cushions - which still looks great).

The only reason I’m adding a comment is to call out the comment right above mine from 5 months ago. It appears to be very suspect. Based upon the content, I decided to look at the user: this is the ONLY activity @77norman77 has on Houzz. No ideas/inspiration photos saved + no other posts/comments.

It just appears to contain way too many details that a typical review by a customer would not have.

Also, not only did the user specifically address the areas re: construction that would typically be ”attacked” when discussing whether a sofa is of good quality, the user added more information basically ”defending” COCOCO’s choice to use construction practices that are considered ”sub-par” by high end furniture makers (for example, using plywood instead of real hardwood + a separately installed pocket coil suspension instead of integrated 8 way hand tied coils).

I only know about these areas of construction because I am a bit “OCD” about researching information + reading many reviews prior to making larger purchases (it drives my SO crazy - it’s actually kind of debilitating because sometimes it becomes very difficult for me to actually pull the trigger on actually making a purchase).

If the above post was made by an actual unbiased customer, I apologize for questioning your motives. I’ve just read so many reviews over the past few days where customers have spent significant (“significant” = what a reasonably knowledgeable Houzz user would consider to be a large amount of $ spent on a couch - not what Houzz professionals would consider significant - very different!) sums of money on sofas/sectionals/accent chairs, only to be very disappointed at the lack of quality after a few months of use.

I don’t want the above comment to influence someone’s purchase when it sounds much more like an advertisement than an actual customer review.

• H B
    last year

I live in the same town as CoCoCo and have two Sunbrella sectionals and a leather ottoman. The first sectional we bought in 2012 with the ottoman and the second we added in 2018. They have held up beautifully despite two small kids and a dog. The first sectional had the down wrapping and the second has the down substitute; both are great but I much prefer the down substitute. The cushions are fairly firm but the couch that we have had longer gets more use and has softened more than the newer one. They have replaced cushion inserts at cost for us and re-stitched the entire leather ottoman at no cost when a stitch popped. They aren't great communicators as mentioned above but I have found the product beautiful and resilient.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm