Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khatija_khan95

Setup for lounge

Khatija Khan
5 years ago
Hi everyone. We are going to move into a duplex in a month n completely stumped about new living room setup. I have a 3 seater recliner and a two and one seater office olden style chairs we use as seating. Would also love to put a dining table in this space. It has sliding doors for the entrance and stairway directly opp. It is 90m Sq pls help

Comments (5)

• sandk
    5 years ago

If you add a floor plan and some pictures of furniture, you might get some help. Do the metric to English measurement conversion also to increase the chance of responses.

• Sarang PickerOnline
    5 years ago

I think you have 15X12 feet living room area. You can set your 3 seater recliner to the left side wall of entrance. 2 seater chair set opposite of the entrance or parallel to the stairs of the room and 1 old chair exact opposite to the 3 seater recliner and in between you have to arrange a tea table will looks good. Other decorating material like wall portraits, lamps or other things have to arrange in proper way. Hope you get the points.

• Khatija Khan
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I don't know how to do that, but I was asking for like ideas. On where it makes more sense. I know the lounge is 90 square meters... And I haven't moved in yet. We don't have the key yet. I thought this was a place for ideas etc... Thnx fr ur response. I don't think I can get much help here
  • Larri
    5 years ago

Hello, Khatija Khan! Don't give up just yet. There are many Houzzers here happy to help you, but they need more information before they can help you. Sandk was explaining that you'll need to draw out the shape of the room with the measurements of each wall. You can do that in meters. Someone here can convert it to into feet for you. For example: 90 square meters is roughly 295 sqft. Your drawing doesn't need to be fancy. Just a simple sketch with the length and width of the rooms, including the door opening and where the stairs begin, etc. Something like this will work:

Can you call the owner and ask them for the dimensions of the room? Is the room a square shape or a rectangle shape? What is the width of the door opening? And if you can also include the measurements of your furniture, that will help in creating the best arrangement of your new room. Good luck with your move and Happy Houzzing!

• PRO
    Randy Trainor
    5 years ago

Are you planning on having a TV at all in the room?

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!