Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
misty_spencer76

Sunset Bronze Appliances and Grey Cabinets???

Misty Spencer
5 years ago

I'm trying to decide whether or not grey cabinets will look okay with my sunset bronze appliances I've ordered. Thoughts??? I'd love pictures of your kitchen with the sunset bronze appliances! Sunset Bronze Refrigerators

Yes
No

Comments (18)

• DrB477
    5 years ago

Depends on the shade of grey but probably not a great combo.

• lucky998877
    5 years ago

Maybe a light and warm gray could work (with gold/bronze hardware), but not a cold tone. Why did you decide to mix bronze and gray?

• Nothing Left to Say
    5 years ago

I would picture those with a warm off white or wood finish. But I have not seen that appliance finish in person.

• Mrs Pete
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

My thoughts -- and, like an above poster, have not seen these appliances in person:

- At first glance, I like the appliance color. It looks like a warm stainless, and I am definitely a "warm colors" type of girl. However, I'd be nervous about whether this color will have "staying power". Thing is, you know that appliances will need replacing, and -- if this color proves to be a "flash in the pan" -- you don't want to find yourself forced into either having mismatched appliances or paying to replace things that aren't broken.

- No to gray cabinets. These appliances are "warm", whereas gray is "cold". I don't see them playing well together. I think they'd look best with white cabinets. They could also go with a painted blue or sage green. Maybe black.

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    5 years ago

Not together. And I'd think long and hard before I bought Sunset Bronze appliances. They may be gone with the wind in 2 years.

• MrsM
    5 years ago

I've never heard of Sunset Bronze appliances. Is that a new color in appliances?

• User
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

No gray cabinets.

It’s just more translucent shrink wrap over stainless that will scratch and peel off. It’s the third go around for a “Brown” appliance, and won’t last any longer than the 14 months of unavailability if the Oil Rubbed Bronze that they tried to introduce 10years ago. Which was a riff on the old Coppertone appliances.

Bronze, the second time.

• Cadyren
    5 years ago

Funny how I just read on another thread about colored appliances for the kitchen & mismatched appliances & that SS is dead in 2018! Oh how I wish it were true. I hate all appliance colors except the new sunset bronze. SS is horrible! Bring back bisque now. If they don't stop promoting SS I will be storing food in a cooler & cooking on a camp stove in the future! I don't think the Sunset Bronze would go with gray.

• chicagoans
    5 years ago

I found these by Googling; I'm not feeling it with this combination, but you might have a different grey in mind. I do think the appliance color is appealing and would be very pretty with a warm white cabinet tone, but would have concerns about the longevity as mentioned by others.

• sushipup1
    5 years ago

Sunset bronze is the new Avocado Green. Why not try Harvest Gold?

• K R
    5 years ago
    It is pretty but I agree, who knows how long it will be in, but if you don’t care, than go for it. I personally think appliances don’t last forever anyway, so you can always change them out down the road. I do like that color though!
  • PRO
    Pearl Remodeling
    5 years ago

Please show a picture of your gray cabinets, so that we could compare both shades and see if they do complement each other.

Thank you.

• lisa
    5 years ago

following

• Therese R
    5 years ago

I don't like it with the gray, and maybe not at all. It makes the appliance look like it has a glow and seems to attract the eye. I'd rather not have the attention drawn to it.

• spisland
    5 years ago

This sunset bronze line was supposed to be out in the Fall of 2016 originally. I first saw them only in a video from earlier that year. It was a trade show video and the appliances were not available anywhere.

I stalked these for about a year, even calling Whirlpool Corp. in 2017, but they couldn't be found to purchase. So it does seem there is a commitment to this color by Whirlpool, in my opinion, because it took so long to get them rolled out. To me, it seems like they were trying to answer the backlash already going on by 2014/15 against the prevalent stainless steel.

As far as longevity of sunset bronze, I view this introduction the same way I view GE's slate appliances. I believe those are still being sold, so maybe this will have some staying power. I thought they were beautiful and wanted them so badly in Fall of 2016, but was not in a position to wait, unfortunately.

• spisland
    5 years ago

Might be best with white or dark color cabinets.

• Rst Xxx
    4 years ago

What is everyone's thoughts on Sunset Bronze appliances with black cabinets with gold hardware?