Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alexandra_nickson

realistic SPC??

We are wanting to replace almost all of our floors up and down (currently laminate and carpet) and I was initially looking at engineered wood but I have 3k sqf and dogs and kids and thinking it would be more practical to do the SPC or WPC both from cost and wear) I initially wanted wood tile but in doing the upstairs I’d have to rip out all of my banisters because of the flooring height and re do and I just don’t want to do that. As for the SPC Anyone use something that you can’t really tell? I have a contractor coming on sat to show me Republic SPC (which from pictures looks amazing).

Comments (12)

• suseyb
    5 years ago

I've seen a lot of SPC. I think the Cali Bamboo vinyl looks the most realistic.

• Patty Gelbrich
    5 years ago

I've been looking at the Republic brand - Water Oak. It's beautiful. Granted I have not see it down, but I'm leaning that direction!

• suseyb
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

There have been some poor reviews of the Republic here. Make sure you do a search. Another product to look into is Adura Rigid or Adura Prime.

• Alexandra Nickson
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    From my research the poor reviews on republic at the laminate not the SPC...
  • 4jacksdad
    5 years ago

Alexandra- Agreed on all of your comments. Did you go with Republic? I saw Republic SPC in person today and it is the most realistic I have seen anywhere. Any more news on it?

• Alexandra Nickson
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    @4jacksdad I think we are going to go woth the republic. Plan is to do it in April. Going to buy a box before I commit to just make sure I’m happy! But it looks and feels amazing. I had it side by side with engineered wood and your couldn’t tell the difference
  • yvette_garcia62
    4 years ago
    Alexandra, have you installed your Republic floors? If so, can you share your experience and a few pictures?
  • V M
    4 years ago

Yes, please share pics and your experience. I too am leaning towards Republic SPC

• 4jacksdad
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

My build is almost ready for flooring. In late winter I ordered a box of Republic Great Oregon Oak to lay out. It is stunning...BUT...I noticed the repeated pattern. Out of 9 pieces of flooring, I had just 4 patterns. So I called the manufacturer who was not super sweet. They said they only had 4 boards in the Great Oregon Oak collection.

I have not spoken with my builder as to what he could make of that, and it's been almost 6 months so I will call Republic Flooring back and do more research, but I am surprised that one would go to such expense to make such a beautiful floor product and then only make 4 boards.

Hoping that either someone posts that the 4 pictures/boards is no problem at all, or, that Republic Flooring added some boards.

• V M
    4 years ago

@patty gelbrich - I was wondering if you installed the water oak yet and if so how you like it. would love to see pics after the install. I am leaning towards the water oak also but would like to hear your experience with it. Thanks

• V M
    4 years ago

Alexandria Nickson - what flooring is that? It foes look nice. and thanks for posting pic as it is really helpful. Room looks great!