Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharon_perkins66

Found a Kohler kitchen sink at Home Depot! (I hope)

Sharon Perkins
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm moving tomorrow and will be redoing the kitchen ASAP. I want a drop in cast iron sink and have been pulling my hair out looking for one--need biscuit, 27" to fit into a 30" sink cabinet. Home Depot SAYS they have one in the warehouse and it will be delivered to the store in the next 10 business days. Ugh, I really hope so! I never expected that the sink would be my biggest problem to find!

Comments (25)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    5 years ago

Sharon:

I suggest you rethink your purchase please. I tear out Kohler cast iron sinks regularly; they just don't stand up to use.

What is your countertop material, please.

• Sharon Perkins
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Granite. I've had a granite countertop and a drop in cast iron sink for 18 years. I like the look and have had no issues with that combo. I appreciate the insight, though!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 years ago

Why biscuit for my first question and why only cast iron when there are many sinks around to fit a 30” cabinet. The color would be a huge turn off for me it barely works in bathrooms

• Sharon Perkins
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Because I realized this might sound snarky, I’ll explain that I didn’t post this for design advice. I posted it to let people who are looking for a Kohler sink that they’re becoming available.

• traci_from_seattle
    5 years ago

Check out Wayfair. I ordered a 27” Riverby in white that is supposed to deliver today. I’m not going to believe it until I see it since it was so difficult to find.

• catinthehat
    5 years ago

Good for you Sharon! I recently installed a Kohler as well, you are going to love that sink. They are beautiful pieces.

• wilson853
    5 years ago

You may want to check Amazon Warehouse too. I got very lucky with a Kohler Sea Salt Whitehaven which I picked up for about 1/2 price. Also got both of my kitchen faucets, (Kohler and Blanco), two air switches and soap dispensers and saved quite a bit. All items came in perfect condition, but I only purchase if its labeled as Very Good or Like New.

• traci_from_seattle
    5 years ago

My Kohler sink arrived today from Wayfair. It’s beautiful and delivery went well too. They delivered to my front door (not inside) and called me beforehand to let me know they were on their way.

• Chessie
    5 years ago

Kohler sinks are hard to find??

• traci_from_seattle
    5 years ago

Yes, their factory burned down and now they’re backordered

• salonva
    5 years ago

Kohler sinks are hard to find??

Yes, their factory burned down and now they’re backordered

WOW Live and learn. I had no idea.

• tatts
    5 years ago

No! A factory burned--A factory--not ALL Kohler factories. There are plenty of Kohler sinks.

• wiscokid
    5 years ago
    One. One factory burned down, the main one for the Whitehaven sink that everyone “has to have”. THOSE sinks have been hard to find. Everything else is business as usual.
  • Chessie
    5 years ago

traci_from_seattle

"Yes, their factory burned down and now they’re backordered"

No, the factory did NOT burn down. Not even close. There was a fire, but it was contained to one section of just the foundry only. Kohler's plant It is a HUGE complex. This fire affected cast iron sink production only, I believe. But they are operating normally now.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    5 years ago

I am so glad we have now parsed the difference between Kohler’s entire factory burning down and just the cast iron manufacturing, because in context, with everybody talking about cast iron sinks, like the OP, and Whitehaven and Riverby, I couldn’t tell. I am glad one of us is smart enough to figure it out and keep the rest of us in the know.

• Chessie
    5 years ago

You're welcome.

• jhmarie
    5 years ago

I also has cast iron drop in for 18 years - loved it (reused it in my basement kitchenette) and two years ago replaced it with a Kohler cast iron Whitehaven. It still looks new (I do use the grills at the bottom.)

I helped my mom replace her drop in cast iron (about 20+ years old) with a new Kohler cast iron drop in a few months ago. I got the sink through Home Depot - she loves it. The only hitch I ran into was her local Home Depot does not install cast iron sinks, but my mother had her regular plumber install it. She did not change out her laminate countertop. I spent a lot of time measuring and checking to see the new sink would work in the old space and then her plumber checked too. The sink was in stock so I was not concerned about it truly being available.

It is much more expensive, but I really do like my Whitehaven. It is a "short apron" so I was able to have it installed on my older sink base cabinet. The Whitehaven sink has been in and out of stock for the last several months. I do like having an under mount sink now that I have one.

• latifolia
    5 years ago

Check Re-Store. The first thing I did when we moved in was have a Kohler drop-in cast iron sink pulled out. It was in good shape, and Re-Store probably sold it very cheap.

• traci_from_seattle
    5 years ago

Good grief! We‘re discussing cast iron sinks. The factory that produces cast iron sinks had a fire bad enough to stop production for months. They are operating normally now but because they are catching up on orders placed while they were down there is still a backorder on these sinks, especially if you want a color other than white or sea salt. I did not make up this information, it was direct from the Kohler store.

• Chessie
    5 years ago

No one implied that you made it up.

I thought this statement

"their factory burned down "

should be clarified. That is the purpose of the forum, yes? To help others and inform?

• Sharon Perkins
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Old thread but I figured I’d post a picture of my controversial sink lol

• Sharon Perkins
    Original Author
    5 years ago

• hollybar
    5 years ago

Sharon Perkins Thanks for the update. Looks fab!

• Chantel
    5 years ago

Sharon - I too like the biscuit. It feels much warmer than a stark white.