Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ccwatters

Double Ovens: Thermador$$$, Dacor Heritage$$ or FisherPykel$$

ccwatters
5 years ago

My Double Convection Thermidor from 15 years ago has to be replaced. I cannot access use for the bottom oven because the upper/;lower selection on the touchpad won't acknowledge my touch. I can use the upper oven but if it gets too hot it turns itself off. The repair guy told me two years ago to ride it out because they no longer make the needed parts to repair my control pad (downside of ever-changing technology).

SO...I'd love to replace it with the new Thermidor MED302WS double convection but that is $7k. I have a Bosch (who owns Thermador) in another house but it is quite noisy and I don't love the look (I know this is petty but combined with the noise....) I also looked at the high-end GE with french door top oven but it was so small inside. So I'm looking at the Dacor Heritage Series (all stainless steel) or the Fisher Pykel WODV2-30_N (all stainless steel). Both come in at $5399.

I'm looking for well-made convection in BOTH ovens, quiet, reliable (or at least easy to service). Fisher Pykel is offering a 5 year warranty right now....

Any thoughts?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!