Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Smile Today - 12/18

Annie Deighnaugh
5 years ago

I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck -- but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.

-- Steven Wright

Comments (36)

• susanwv
    5 years ago

• aok27502
    5 years ago

• salonva
    5 years ago

we all know that someone.

• dragonflywings42
    5 years ago

Summer - Yes, we do that too, every time we leave the house. We get such a look because our Golden is allowed everywhere, but there are times it is easier to leave her home. She appears to be convinced we are going for a walk on the beach without her.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

• Rusty
    5 years ago

• kayjones
    5 years ago

Yep, tell the animals 'I'll be back soon' and 'good night - I love you - see you in the morning'!

• OutsidePlaying
    5 years ago

Bought a couple of funny cards for friends. We get together for dinner and exchange cards rather than gifts for each other. More fun.

• justlinda
    5 years ago

• blfenton
    5 years ago

summer - I don't say that to my cats but I walk my niece's dog on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays and I always say, as I'm leaving - "I'll see you on .... and have a good day" and on Fridays I always say to him to have a good weekend..

• whistle_gw
    5 years ago

I always say goodbye to my dog and tell her to be a good girl.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    5 years ago

Oh yes we always tell Mia bye, we love her and we will be back soon.

• schoolhouse_gw
    5 years ago

Same here, always say "I'll be right back" when I leave the house. When I take the boys (cats) to the cellar for the night I'll say, "See you tomorrow morning, good night".

• OutsidePlaying
    5 years ago

We always told Sarge to ‘guard the house, we’ll be back soon’. Miss him.

• kittywhiskers
    5 years ago

• User
    5 years ago

We tell them where we are going and what time we will be home.

• joyfulguy
    5 years ago

Looks like you're "on a roll/(role?) ... today!

AAA

o j

• colleenoz
    5 years ago

Yep, I’m another one who says something like, “Bye bye pussycats, be good while I’m gone. Have a good day!” as I head out the door. And “Good morning my sweeties”. And “Bedtime for pussycats!”

Actually, I talk to my cats all the time. :-)

• caflowerluver
    5 years ago

I used to say to my Dachshund, Elvira, when I closed the door on her crate, "Good night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite. See you in the morning. I love you." Also when I left to run errands, "Be back soon. Guard the house. Bite any burglars in the ankles."

Did both for over 15.5 years! Boy, do I miss her!!!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Every night I'm on the sofa with my two kitties...they don't move no matter what I do. Then I say, "Bedtime!" and they both jump off the sofa so I can get up...so they actually understand some things.

• desertsteph
    5 years ago

" they actually understand some things"

yes, they do. they connect the words with our actions. my girl knows what to do if I say 'breakfast?' or 'outside?' or 'cookie' and sometimes even 'stay' or 'slow'

I talk to mine too. and I've started talking to my IP! I say 'well, what are you doing now?' or 'time to go to work' (it, not me!)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    5 years ago

One thing I taught my cats which they both learned well was a sharp "Scram!" They both take off for an "escape" route. Very helpful when annoying my friends who have cat allergies or if they're about to go after something they might break or to shoo them out of a room they don't belong in.

• Kathsgrdn
    5 years ago

I do tell my dogs I'll be back. Today I told Emily that now she couldn't get into the trash because "ha ha" I was taking it out! This weekend there were two torn up garbage bags in the one because she kept getting into it and tearing up the bags because I forgot to take the bag out and move it to the sunroom so she couldn't get into it. This trash was full, it would've been an awful mess coming home to tonight.

• drewsmaga
    5 years ago

• natesg
    5 years ago

I always say goodbye to my Gracie, a maltipoo. Then I turn on the radio or tv so she’ll have something to listen to. Does anyone else do that?

• blubird
    5 years ago

We leave the TV on for Kallie when we go out at night.

• breenthumb
    5 years ago

I say "goodbye I'll be back soon, Petey" to my cat. And when I occasionally leave for a few days I leave the radio on. Nice to know so many others do the same.

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    5 years ago

Of course, I tell Henry that I will be back. I don't want to leave him wondering.

• donna_loomis
    5 years ago

When I leave for work every morning, it's a long goodbye. I kiss each of my seven cats and tell them to be a good boy or girl until I get home. DH works from home, so they're not really alone very often. And every evening when I come home, at least four of them are at the windows, their little bodies quivering and their tails waving. I feel so loved.

• lovemrmewey
    5 years ago

I tell Harley Kitty goodbye, love you, Mommy back soon, don't have all the fun while I'm gone!

• dragonflywings42
    5 years ago

Yes, we often leave the radio on when we leave. Our dog only listens to npr. Good dog.

• joyfulguy
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi wingie draggin' yer fly, at 42,

Smart dog, too, looks like.

o j

• laceyvail 6A, WV
    5 years ago

Not only good bye to my cat, but "Be a good girl."

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews