Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cht155

Picking colors for new build PPG paints

cht155
5 years ago

Under the gun to pick colors for a new build. We are building the spec home for a new floorpan and the foundation is poured and the builder wants our choices ASAP. So I can't choose color in location as it's not built. Not ideal. The givens so far starting with the kitchen which has no windows but is off the family room with a wall of windows(2 story) facing south, but there is an overhang of patio roof. The cabinets, simple shaker, are to be white, the whole house trim will be the same. The island is Silestone Calacatta Gold and the perimeter is either black granite or Silestone Charcoal Soapstone, backsplash white subway tile very ordinary, floors medium brown hardwood throughout first floor. I can choose 1 different color for the walls through out the house. I have chosen so far PPG Delicate White for the cabinets, trim, and doors. I want a color that is bright and cheerful. This is not a small house but builders don't put in a lot of windows and they don't put them on the sides of the houses because in these big Texas subdivisions the houses are closer together than they should be. I would like to stay with the standard colors as the uncharge to choose another color is prohibitive. I would rather go back when the house is built and change individual rooms with my own painter and paint.

These are the colors below that I can choose from all from PPG paints.

ANTIQUE WHITE 1024-2

ARIA 1001-2

BOTANY BEIGE HVT09

CHINA WHITE 1101-1

COLONIAL WHITE 1097-1

COMMERCIAL WHITE 1025-1

DECORATOR WHITE HVTO3

DELICATE WHITE 1001-1

EARLY EVENING 1006-3

FOCUS 1008-1

FOG 1010-2

GREYHOUND 1008-3

HEAVY CREAM 1098-2

MILK PAINT 1098-1

MOCHA HVT12

SHARK 1006-2

STORMS COMING 1008-2

SWIRLING SMOKE 1007-2

THIN ICE 1001-3

TORNADO 1009-2

TUNDRA FROST 1009-1

WHISKERS 1025-3

WINTER MOOD 14-16

So cabinets, trim, Delicate White. I was thinking Whiskers, but I saw on a thread that it is toward the Yellow Orange and can tend to show purple if there is not a lot of light. The kitchen only gets light from windows in the adjacent room 15-20 feet, and its perpendicular not direct light. I did get the PPG deck. It does not have any of the HVT colors. To my untrained eye all these colors seem to be grey and some beiges.

We signed the contract last Saturday and they wanted our choices today at the design center when we first saw the choices. Yes I am in a panic.

Suggestion, help, please.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022