Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

Mrs. Villancourt's Cookies

User
5 years ago

I made these this week -- they are simple and good but do use a lot of pecans. Don't ask me who Mrs. Villancourt is -- Carol who gave me the recipe a long time ago called them that and when I asked her she said that the lady she got them from called them that. So Mrs. Villancourt remain's a mystery but her cookies live on and they are good!

MRS. VILLANCOURT’S COOKIES

1 c. sugar

1 c. butter

2 c. flour

2 T. vanilla

1 egg, separated

2 c. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325

Cream together sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add flour, vanilla and egg yolk. The dough will be stiff. Press into an 11 x15 jelly roll pan with your hands. Brush lightly with the beaten egg white. Sprinkle pecans across dough, then press them into dough with your hands. Bake for 35 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and cut into squares.

Comments (8)

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I read the memo pink mountain!!!

• sheilajoyce_gw
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Is that teaspoons of vanilla????Must be. I will give these a try and share with my sister. Thank you.

• sooz
    5 years ago

They look delicious!!!!!

• Islay Corbel
    5 years ago

So good!

• arkansas girl
    5 years ago

sheila, I didn't even think about that...as I read it, I thought "wow, that's a lot of vanilla". I'd think that it should be 2 teaspoons.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

No, it's tablespoons so yes they re vanilla flavored!

• sheilajoyce_gw
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I have baked a recipe of these bar cookies, and they are cooling. Easy to make.

They have definitely passed the taste test! I don't even notice the flavor from the two tablespoons of vanilla. They are a lovely, rich cookie. I think that I will reduce the baking time next time I make them, and I might try light brown sugar instead of the granulated sugar.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio