Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nour_alani

have anyone used thunder white granite

Nour AlAni
5 years ago
have anyone used thunder white granite white white cabinets?!? Can I see some pictures please ?!?

Comments (20)

• Rachel
    4 years ago

I will be using Thunder White in my new build with white contemporary and gray wood cabinets. The home won't be complete until May though.

• sbp59
    4 years ago

I am hoping to use this granite for our bar upgrade in April. There was very different movement on the slabs I looked at. This was my favorite

• sbp59
    4 years ago

And by the way yes this slab is Thunder White

• Rachel
    4 years ago

@sbp59 this does look like the stone I'm getting for my new home.

• sbp59
    4 years ago

I’ve found the Thunder White slabs seem to vary by lot. It was a ridiculous price to upgrade to this slab and since we are only doing a bar area looking at other options. It is hard to find gray slabs with movement like this.

• sbp59
    4 years ago

This is my slab... finally! I’ll post a pic after installed.

• Rachel
    4 years ago

@sbp59 do you have a photo of your thunder white installed? I'd love to see it.

• sbp59
    4 years ago

Sadly not yet. The day they were to start was when all was shut down for Covid-19 so we are on hold until things start to reopen. I’ll definitely post a pic after installed.

• Rachel
    4 years ago

My new build is on hold also, but they say they will begin again on May 1. I can't wait to see your counter top!

• Rachel
    3 years ago

Oh, the granite looks lovely in your kitchen! From the installed photos, it looks like your stone has more warmer tones than mine. The visual movement in the slabs look very nice. Did they seal the stone, and if so, before of after installing? I'll be interested to hear how your maintenance is once you've had a some time to enjoy your new kitchen. Congratulations.

• sbp59
    3 years ago

Yes the movement was one of the reasons I picked this. There are variations of Thunder White we saw that had no movement. They are sealing after they confirm they remove the stain so maintenance I’ll know better after a month or two. This is actually a bar area and I have quartz in the kitchen so will have a good comparison. 100% better than the old countertop😎

• AmyK
    3 years ago

How is your Thunder White holding up? It is beautiful!

• Rachel
    3 years ago

Thanks Amy. I love the way it looks, but it is porous and oil stains it. We have a poultice the fabricator recommended that works, but it is a three day ordeal. Still, not sure if I would have chosen differently. We got the leathered texture so maybe this has something to do with it. Everyone loves the firepace, especially.

• AmyK
    3 years ago

Love Love Love your fireplace!! Sorry to hear about the oil stains and it being porous. We are debating between the Thunder White granite or a dolomite stone. Was concerned about dolomite due to staining and etching, but surprised about the Granite staining. Thanks for the update!

• ltrubiano
    2 years ago

I am installing White Thunder in my new kitchen remodeling with Pewter glaze cabinets. Has anyone installed a backsplash that goes well with the counter top?

• Kathy Jerding
    2 years ago

I’d love to see your pewter glaze cabinets. I’m getting New River White (same granite/different name?).

• Rachel
    2 years ago

I'm not sure if River White and Thunder White are the same . . . if not very similar. @Kathy Jerding, your slab looks very similar to mine. I have seen some River White that is a bit warmer.

• ltrubiano
    2 years ago

Here is my thunder white slab seems to have more white tones

• Kathy Jerding
    2 years ago

Itrubiano- love it. May I see your pewter cabinets? Did you pick a backsplash? IDk what style you like, but Check out Bedrosian’s Cloë