Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amber4045

Hate front door entrance and exterior!

Amber G
5 years ago
Hello everyone! My husband and I finally found our perfect land (11 acres) and close next Friday! We will be doing a full remodel interior, however I am completely stuck on my complete dislike for the front door and the exterior. Any suggestions would be amazing!

Comments (11)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    5 years ago

What if the house were a darker color? Like the garage door? Thinking the storm door should be the same color as the front door.

Then it is all about foundation plantings.

• PRO
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

do you like the idea of doing a mcm type of curb appeal?

replacing the front door w/something more mcm type would help

a black door, these color options, and bringing in some natural cedar or redwood planks, or siding to get the warm wood addition, would look perfect

a dark navy w/wood accents would also look nice

Landscaping will really go a long way to add some pizzazz to this exterior. you need something of interest under the windows to the right. something vertical.

I'd redo the porch steps. maybe take the entire thing over to the right so that you have a front porch area to sit.

not exactly like this, just showing you what I mean

you could pour concrete steps and bring in cement tile

• housegal200
    5 years ago

I like celerygirl's darker rendering. Honestly foundation landscaping and deeper beds could do a huge amount for this house, which has excellent lines, especially to the right of the front door. Those cut-back grasses may look amazing, and there seems to be some interesting gravel hardscaping. Get oversized colorful pottery planters in turquoise or orange on the landing and keep them overflowing. See how everything looks when spring arrives. Get a designer to come up with a plan.

• suedonim75
    5 years ago

I don’t hate the door; but I HATE the siding/trim configuration under the bay window:

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    5 years ago

House looks naked. I think turtle-necking the walk with planting beds ultimately works against appearance and having an inviting feel .... if anything grows in the bed ... the taller, the worse. Then, there is zero foundation planting and the house looks naked without any trees sheltering it somewhere. You need a new landscape.

I think the hardscape (walk) could be better. The way it allows for no planting at all against the garage foundation gives a "colder," institutional feeling.

• Amber G
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Loving the ideas!
  • PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    5 years ago

some ideas:

• houssaon
    5 years ago

I like celerygirl 's darker siding and the wood door. I don't think the trim does anything for the looks of the house, so I would keep that the same color or slightly darker. Landscaping is going to really improve the look of the house. Good luck.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022