Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sabine_farm

Spotty Japanese maples - please help!

sabine_farm
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello all, last year a few of my young potted japanese maples got some sort of fungal infection (I think) that produces pale spots on the leaves. They don’t rub off and are visible on both sides of the leaf. It was at the end of the season, so I was advised to clean up all the fallen leaves and that the trees would probably be fine next year.

Until this week, all was fine, but then I saw one spot, and the next day dozens of them. It spreads so quickly and the potted trees are at different ends of the garden. Also two young maples in the ground have it.

I‘ve done a lot of research but could only find info on a spot that turns black later on, which this one does not. It may just be cosmetic, but it’s only April so the trees will be diseased for rest of the year :-( Actually I think the leaves started to dry up and fall early last year.

Do any of you know what it might be?

Or can anyone recommend a fungicide that is safe to use on JMs? I’d like to spray the few that have not yet caught it, or treat them with a soil drench. I enclose some photos. Please help! Thank you.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County