Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
samhain10

Finally! A beautiful bloom after all the rain :)

samhain10 - 5a
4 years ago

So much rain and then chilly, and then hotter than the plants can stand, then more rain and chilly. Sigh. Anyway, have been waiting impatiently for signs of scapes and then for normal blooms. Had a few seedlings bloom, but they were distorted in shape with all the weather changes, as I expected as I watched them grow. Things should start to even out now. But here is Thingamajig, blooming beautifully after being planting this spring. Lots more to come - I hope! :)

Alex

Comments (16)

• lilykate7a
    4 years ago

It is a beautiful bloom and so glad to see you back and posting, Alex. Looking forward to your seedlings.

samhain10 - 5a thanked lilykate7a
  • samhain10 - 5a
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks, Kate! I am so-o-o-o impatient to see them myself - lol.

• Brad KY 6b
    4 years ago

I agree with Celeste

samhain10 - 5a thanked Brad KY 6b
  • samhain10 - 5a
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you, Celeste and Brad. Going slow, but doing better.

• shive
    4 years ago

Glad to see you posting again, Alex! Thingamajig is a beauty!

Debra

samhain10 - 5a thanked shive
  • organic_kitten
    4 years ago

Alex, that is very pretty! Glad it is blooming now. Nice that the season has begun.

kay

samhain10 - 5a thanked organic_kitten
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    4 years ago

Nice! Glad your season is finally starting. It seemed like it would never start for us but we are seeing lots of bloom now. Keep the pictures coming.

Nancy

samhain10 - 5a thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    4 years ago

Such a cute name on Thingamajig. Gorgeous color too. I can understand your impatience, but I'll be admiring yours after mine are on the downhill slide. Works out for me -lol....Maryl

samhain10 - 5a thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • Julia WV (6b)
    4 years ago

I like the name. I know the feeling with the changing weather.

samhain10 - 5a thanked Julia WV (6b)
  • samhain10 - 5a
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Nancy - I have had one seedling each of the Geometric Wizard and Wandering Werribee unknown crosses (from seed from you and Bob) bloom, but will not embarrass them by posting those pics - yet. I was pleased to see a pattern on both, but as already mentioned, the erratic weather has been hard on these first blooms. Am crossing my fingers, though - both had points that pleased me.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    4 years ago

Great way to start, Thingamajig is a beauty. Hope your seedlings improve this season.

Sherry

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    4 years ago

Alex, the blooms will get better. I am looking forward to seeing them.

Nancy

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    4 years ago

Alex, glad to see you back and posting! I am looking forward to seeing all the pictures of your babies this year. I have thought of you several times over the past couple of weeks, as I was digging into my huge bag of ProMix that I got last year from the pot store :) Just over the past few days I have started noticing scapes on some of my seedlings planted last year and some of my seedlings from the previous year that haven't bloomed before - will be an exciting summer for both of us!

• signet_gw(6b)
    4 years ago

Thingamajig.......cute name very nice bloom . I particularly like the sort of eyelash bleeding out from the watermark. The yellow throat is not very common Is it a very big bloom ? It looks quite large. Thanks for sharing

• samhain10 - 5a
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Laura - glad to hear you found some Pro-Mix at the pot store - lol. Yes, I will very much enjoy seeing your seedlings and am checking my RFK x HAI seedlings daily for scapes. I just know we'll get something wonderful out of them. :)

Signet - just checked my little stick that I brought in last night (my method of measuring when I don't have a ruler with me out in the garden - pick a stick to take measure with, and carry it back when you return to the house) - that bloom was 7 inches.