kristine_legault

Northland Rosariums 2020 roses

I just saw on Facebook that northland has their new 2020 offerings. So silly me I checked them out and darned if I didn't order some roses. I had canceled my Palatine order just because they didn't have two of the roses that I really wanted. So through northland I ordered double delight hot Cocoa and veterans honor.
Also of interest, Paul Zimmerman has started a site on Facebook that he is opening up.
So if you're like me and you just can't get enough of showing off your roses go to Paul Zimmerman's new site there's all kinds of great information from Paul himself.

• Kimberly zone 10 so cal

Kristine i looked on their website and don't see anything referring to 2020 roses or anything new in their listings? Was this only through facebook??

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked Kimberly zone 10 so cal
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Yes it was on Facebook I'll try to find the link and post it even with the link it was kind of hard to get to it

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Boy they didn't make it easy and how
    ever found it I do not know but go to where it says order roses and then go down to where it says shipping and down at the very bottom it will say shop now and that's where the new roses are not sure why they made that so weird.

The only way that I'm even knew that it was the new selection was that they had double delight and veterans honor which are not listed on that 2019 list

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA

Carol is adding new roses to their 2020 collection daily. She normally has about 19 pages in the online catalog, but there are only 6 pages at present. She is adding more all the time. She says they will have some they've never offered before. And, just when I think I'm about finished adding new roses!

https://www.northlandrosarium.com/collections/all

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Thanks for posting the website flowers

She always has such great roses

• strawchicago

Kristine: I grew 2 own-root Double-Delight from tiny-rootings (less than 3") to 3 feet plants in pots (took 5 months). They bloomed constantly, the repeat was faster than DD-grafted-on-Dr.Huey. I also grow Veteran's Honor (bought as gallon-size own-root), and it's VERY WIMPY. It's still alive after 2 zone 5a winters, but lose ALL LEAVES completely during recent heavy rain. Double-Delight as own-root was very healthy compared to Double-Delight as grafted. But DD as own-root can't survive my zone 5a winter.

Firefighter is 10 times more vigorous than Veteran's Honor as own-root. Firefighter has a much better scent (one bloom can perfume the entire room). I barely smell "cherry scent" on Veteran's Honor. VH gives me about 6 blooms per year, compared to Firefighter at 15 blooms (1st year own-root), and at least 40+ blooms for 2nd year.

I saw Hot Cocoa at rose park, theirs is grafted on Dr.Huey, and it had MANY TIMES more blooms than their Double Delight. Their Hot Cocoa bed was loaded with blooms during hot & dry. If I have to do it all over, I WOULD NOT GET VETERAN'S HONOR AS OWN-ROOT.

Kristine LeGault 8a pnw thanked strawchicago
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Thank you Straw, I will give Veterans honor a chance and if it turns out to be a dud there is always another rose to take its place. Lol