Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
svayda

Provia Aeris window replacements

svayda
4 years ago

Looking for advice on these windows? How do they compare to Anderson or Okna in function and aesthetics ?

Comments (10)

• Windowmaster
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Agree, its a nice looking window and i would say its better than andersen. Andersen is just a name and thats it. andersen just wont have the energy performance or functionality of provia or okna.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    4 years ago

The Aeris performance numbers are debatable compared to Andersen. Slight better U value, similar DP rating , and very high air infiltration numbers compared to almost anything. Andersens performance Numbers are on par with wood windows with decent air numbers that are better than most. Okna will have better numbers than both.

• PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    4 years ago

Some very different animals here for comparison...

If you aren't overly concerned with having a real wood interior, a high performance vinyl product like Okna will be great and you can eliminate the others. If you want more than one window to compare, checkout something like Softlite Elements, Sunrise Restorations, and others.

If you want the richness of a real wood interior and are willing to sacrifice some performance, that is where the Aeris and Andersen come back into play. I've found the Aeris to be a decent option at a nice price point with a factory finished wood interior. In Andersen, it depends which model. I'm not the biggest fan, but as Todd alluded to, their ratings are comparable to good next to other wood windows.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    4 years ago

The Aeris has the worst air infiltration numbers I have seen, there casements are 0.20, dh’s Are 0.25! Even budget vinyl windows do better .

• PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    4 years ago

I don't have the numbers off hand, but there is certainly a trade-off when dealing with most products that have a real wood interior (rich appearance sacrifices top tier performance). Some newer products like the Okna Himark 1000 or Starmark EVO with butt-joined, hidden welds are starting to bridge that gap on the aesthetic side, and then some fiberglass/wood int products out of Canada are doing so from the other direction (wood int but with good performance), but generally speaking there is still a gap there in mainstream choices... Really depends on priorities and budget for the project.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    4 years ago

https://www.provia.com/images/img/pdf/2018%20Window%20Performance%20Brochure.pdf

Those numbers are the worst I have seen with the exception of there slider. Some might say that the air numbers are most irrelevant though.

• Windowmaster
    4 years ago

Those numbers on the Aeris look incorrect. How can a slider have a better air number than a double hung? How can a casement be worse than a slider? Makes no sense at all.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    4 years ago

If you have looked at enough numbers You will see it happens more than one would think.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    4 years ago

One could also look at the other side of the coin and say how can a picture window have a 0.01 and a double hung have a 0.01 with Okna ? With a name like windowmaster I expect answers.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living