Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meghana_lokesh

Curtains and Blinds in Austin

Meghana Lokesh
4 years ago

Hello!! I recently moved to Austin and we are about to close a new construction house. This is our first house and Austin is a new place for us. I need suggestions on where to buy good drapes/curtains and blinds at a reasonable price. I plan to use drapes in common areas and master bedroom, blinds in secondary rooms.

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Brittany Lyons Interiors
    4 years ago

Hey Meghana! You can usually find some nice curtain options at HomeGoods. Try to find rod pocket panel that way they look more expensive. For affordable blinds, I would try Lowe's/Home Depot. Hope this helps!

Meghana Lokesh thanked Brittany Lyons Interiors
  • colonel115
    4 years ago

As a rather recent arrival to the hot Texas weather here is what we did. All our windows received the cellular light blocking Levelor shades from Lowes. You measure and they cut so they look nice. We did a light filtering cellular shade for a transom window. Then we added thermal drapes in every room using decorative rods. They aren't always closed but are a real benefit when needed. Our house was a new build so it had the most energy efficient windows, insulation and AC unit available. I am happy to say the coverings have provided comfort and very reasonable electric bills.

Meghana Lokesh thanked colonel115
  • Dana
    4 years ago

Do you have an Ikea nearby? I have used the Aina linen curtains to the floor placed on one of their black metal rods. They hang beautifully and look classic. The prices are extremely budget friendly and easy to install. Just make sure to buy the rod, the brackets and the larger circular rings. I've used these in my mountain home and also a rental home and they look lovely.

If you also like blinds, and like a natural blind such as a bamboo roll up look, lowe's has a 40% sale right now on all brands. I'm placing an order today! All the best!

• User
    4 years ago

LOL, Lars! Well, they don't say KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD for nothin'.

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    4 years ago

Hey There: We do have our designer Ann Benton in Austin and she can show you our complete line of amazing window fashion made in Germany. From roller shades to bottom up top down to panel blinds and more, we offer the complete line in an wide range of fabrics in color and design.

Please contact Ann at ann@fenstermann.com or send me an email here on Houzz and I will forward it to her. For a brief preview of your products please visit us at www.PleatedBlindsStore.com and for some reviews, just check us out here on Houzz.

Shade Systems by Fenstermann LLC · More Info