Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waltonglade

Replacing carpet with flooring to blend with a discontinued product

waltonglade
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We bought a home with this flooring most of the way through, which was discontinued some time ago https://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/Warm-Cognac-Curupay-Engineered-Sch%F6n-DURENWC6/10006762. Bedrooms have carpets which we want to replace. Do we have any hope of finding a way to create a reasonable match between new flooring and this existing product, given how much variation it shows (note that it's engineered so don't think we can do anything to the existing surface)? Budget is tight so we can't replace throughout at this point, and custom staining is probably beyond us too. Suggestions for a compromise? Thanks

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

What do you mean by most of the way through? If you mean just the bedrooms need the new flooring then much easier than if you want to match fllor running in the same space.

• waltonglade
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yes, just the bedrooms, so there would be a door/threshold at the transition

• waltonglade
    Original Author
    4 years ago

All bedrooms open off the same hallway that has this existing product, and all three are currently carpet, so the existing and new flooring would just meet at the entry to the bedrooms from the hallway.

• kariyava
    4 years ago

I doubt you will be able to find a match. If I were you, I would go with a very obviously different color (perhaps a light wood) so the difference looks intentional (instead of a tried to match but failed). Since the rooms are bedrooms, it is ok for the flooring to be different than the hallway.

• waltonglade
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks everyone, sounds like there's no ideal answer, so will probably save up until I can replace it all