Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Games like the train game?

I love the train game but not enough to pay $6 a month. Does anyone have any other games that they’d recommend? I currently have Yahtzee, Backgammon, Mahjong and Twenty(a card solitaire game) that I play when waiting in carpool lines or such. I don’t mind paying for a good game, but have hesitated as there is no recourse if the game isn’t to your liking or is glitchy.

Comments (20)

• Fun2BHere
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I play 7 Little Words, Monkey Wrench and Red Herring every morning for free. Words with Friends now has a Lightening Round that you can play which is great when you don't want to wait a long time for another player to respond. I also have a free Sudoku game and a hidden object game called June's Journey. The same company offers another hidden object game called Pearl's Peril that I played through to the end a few years ago. I don't recommend these hidden object games for phones; the images are too small.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    4 years ago

In addition to seven little words, and red herring, four pics one word

• Lindsey_CA
    4 years ago

"I like 7 little words. You can only play one free game a day though."

You can only play one free game a day if you are playing it on a Windows computer. If you have an Apple product, download the game from the App Store and you can play FIVE free games each day (4 "bonus games" as well as the daily game). I have it on my iPad and I play the 5 free games every day.

• katlan
    4 years ago

Mahjong Blossom, free cell, word stack, solitaire

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks all, I’m delving into these. So far have played 7 little words and red herring.

• bengardening
    4 years ago

TY Lindsey I was hoping someone would correct me on that. So when I get WiFi here will I be able to get it on my kindle or is it just Apple products

• patriciae_gw
    4 years ago

For a solitaire Free Cell has to be my favorite. Sudoku-the hard ones- for when I want to stretch my mind. I do seven little words every morning. One is enough.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    4 years ago

I'm a candy crusher here...I've played for years and never paid a penny.

I do pay for crosswords from the NYT and do them daily. My favorite non-xword there is spelling bee and I have done tiles and sudoku there too.

And I too do Free Cell.

• graywings123
    4 years ago

What is red herring?

Thanks to you all, I am now a daily 7 Little Words person. I didn't like yesterday's game that consisted of knowing the names of people from television shows. I only knew one of them.

• bpath
    4 years ago

Red Herring is fun. You have to put words into categories, and you can choose the level of play: they give you the names of the three categories, or of one category, or none of the categories, the Red Herring is the fourth category, words that could have gone into any of the other three.

Btw, Train is back this week!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    4 years ago

What is train?

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    4 years ago

Lira did a separate post!!! The Train is in the Station!!!

Annie, it's a fun game of 8 trains and you have to get the train cars lined up just right so the trains can leave the station. It's fun and mind boggling at the same time.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    4 years ago

Graywings, I agree that the one with people's names was not fun. Today's was pretty good though.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    4 years ago

A friend recommends nonogram or picross...I've not tried it though.

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here’s the link Annie. It’s up until a Sunday I think.

Train

• kathyg_in_mi
    4 years ago

Annie, you will love Train!!!

• dedtired
    4 years ago

Another Candy Crusher here. I never pay and am on level 3395. I also play a game called Alphabetty. I pay to do the NYT crossword. I love doing the mini in the morning and try to do it in less than a minute. Hearing the little tune at the end when you get it correct puts me in a good mood.

• kathyg_in_mi
    4 years ago

Anyone like "Dumb Ways to Die" my grandkids laugh so hard when they get to play it. It's on my iPad.

• Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)
    4 years ago

I don't play many games but I occasionally play Train to fill in a couple minutes.

I like Bubble Shooter too but it takes longer to play.

BTW, you can download the Bubble Shooter game. Just save the webpage (complete) and grab the file called "bubbleshooter2.swf" out of the folder. I'm not a Windows/Mac person though so can't tell you how to play it offline. I assume something like Adobe Flash Player?

How to Play Adobe Flash SWF Files Outside Your Web Browser

(Offline I can see it better because I can make it full screen, or at least bigger than it is on the webpage)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES