Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ned_b

Green or white lights for exterior window wreaths

A Fox
4 years ago

As a slight interruption to your usual curb appeal questions, I'm looking for advice on a less permanent, seasonal issue:

To help lighten up the dark mass of our house this year we are adding lit wreaths to eight of our front windows. I'm going back and forth on whether these wreaths should have warm white or green lights. I've ordered the wreaths unlit so I would have flexibility to light and decorate them as we see fit. Right now we plan to leave them simple with a large red bow on each.

The rest of our lights are currently white with multicolor lights mixed in with the white lights in certain areas for accent. We may someday replace the multicolor lights with red C9 strings once the old lights wear out. I did a quick Photoshop having tested one wreath below:

With warm white lights on wreaths:

With green lights on wreaths

Since it is subtle in the photos, the ornamental arborvitae on left, tall trees on the right and two arborvitae flanking the door have multicolor lights mixed in with white.

I also though about red but didn't like how that looked. Multi-color might have been another option, but since the yard mostly uses incandescent lights and the battery powered wreath lights would need to be LED, the multicolor lights would look very different.

What does everyone here think?

Warm White Lights
Green Lights

Comments (10)