Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
graham_pipenhagen

Ideas for wood trim and paint options...other suggestions welcome!

Graham P
4 years ago

Looking to update the paint in living room and freshen up the look a bit. All ideas and suggestions welcome

Comments (9)

• ryburns26
    4 years ago

I would like to see SW Mindful Gray on the walls and freshen up the trim in SW Extra White. The door needs a coat of something too. The wall above the door could use a thing crown molding-type board across the top.

• Graham P
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you guys for the ideas!
    Ryburns-were you thinking mindful gray on all walls or just the wood panel wall as a type of accent?

• ryburns26
    4 years ago

I'm not a fan of any accent. I think makes the room seem smaller. I like Mindful Gray in flat on the walls and then Extra White in semi-gloss for the trim that's already white. That combo, imo, would look great with the wood paneling wall you already have.

• ryburns26
    4 years ago

I wouldn't paint the wood wall. Personally, I would keep the wood wall and focus on the yellowish walls and trim and then the wood wall takes care of itself.

• Graham P
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I appreciate the details and opinion. My concern is the wood wall and wood beam along ceiling are faded and definitely don’t match since it’s over 60 years old. Ideas to freshen up the wood wall/wood beam on ceiling alongside mindful gray?

• AnnKH
    4 years ago

I really like sage green (I have some form of sage green in both my family room and master bedroom). I think it would look stunning with your wood wall.

I have also painted almost all the ceilings in my house with a color other than white - something lighter than the walls.

• Graham P
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! Just wanted to post some updates of what I did

• User
    4 years ago

That original wood is the absolute best thing about the room. It adds a huge amount of home value. Restore it. De brownify your stuff and go lighter and brighter with it, against that fabulous original wood. The wood isn’t your issue at all.