FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

Kitchen layout help/advice needed!

Steve Burman

Just bought a house, it's 40 years old and we're renovating the whole thing. We're adjusting a few walls but not moving any big walls. Figuring out the kitchen layout though is giving me some trouble.

It's a 3.6m x 4.5m room that's going to end up 3.6m x 3.6m. We're opening the south wall and taking the closet space from the next room down to make a walk in pantry (thus the room size shrinking, but gaining the pantry). The pantry should be about 3.6m x 1.8m.

We're going to open a door in the north wall to allow movement into the dining area.

Currently, the east wall opens with three sliders into a larger "reception" room. It'll probably be our lounge or similar.

So, doors can basically go anywhere but I'm not coming up with any elegant solutions as to where to put the fridge (90cm x 90cm), microwave, extra storage, extra work space, etc.

Can help me make this square kitchen work? Any advice would be so gratefully appreciated at this point.