Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
berlinrl

Which pulls do you like better?

Rachel
4 years ago

I'm building a new home and I'll be using Delta Champagne Bronze in the kitchen. I think I have my cabinet hardware narrowed down to two choice. The perimeter of the kitchen cabinets will be white while the island will be a cool gray with some blue undertones. Both of these options are priced well above my allowance, but the first (TopKnobs Mercer/Holland) is considerably less expensive than the second (Atlas Thin Square). There are not a lot of options out there in this finish, but would love to hear from others. My style is transitional/contemporary with an artsy vibe.

Knobs4Less.com Offers: Top Knobs TOP-314787 Handle Honey Bronze Top Knobs - Merc · More Info

Atlas Homewares | Thin Square Pull 7 9/16 Inch (c-c) · More Info

Comments (23)

• PRO
    Creative Design Cabinetry
    4 years ago

Tops Knobs are good quality.

Rachel thanked Creative Design Cabinetry
  • itsourcasa
    4 years ago

I agree with both above, first one and love top knobs quality have that brand in my kitchen.

Rachel thanked itsourcasa
  • Rachel
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Wow, so far everyone is going for the TopKnobs! Des anybody have experience with Atlas Homewares?

• itsourcasa
    4 years ago

@Rachel we had atlas in our last house, nice too no issues but top knobs seems a bit heavier/higher quality.

Rachel thanked itsourcasa
  • kculbers
    4 years ago

Love the TopKnobs. I used TopKnobs for my kitchen hardware. Great quality.

Rachel thanked kculbers
  • Rachel
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I have samples of both and they are both quite heavy, which seems reads 'good quality' to me. When I look at them close-up, I feel like I like the Atlas better, because visually it has more depth. But then when I look at photos of complete kitchens, I don't care for that depth. I'm currently searching for a photo of a complete kitchen with the Mercer/Holland.

• Carolae
    4 years ago

The top one. The extension appears greater which means the pull is easier to grab so the cabinets and drawers stay cleaner. It also has more visual interest, IMO.

Rachel thanked Carolae
  • Kate E
    4 years ago

So personally I like the bottom ones better b/c I like the sharp edges/modern look. However - with what you said about your style - I think the top ones will look better for you!

Rachel thanked Kate E
  • Kirsten
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Without seeing what your kitchen and house is like, it can be tough to make a choice. I prefer the second option because it is simpler and longer. It's a pretty personal choice and there are a lot of right answers.

I was recently looking at pulls and Richelieu had some champagne bronze pulls (believe me, I looked at everything - there is almost too much choice). I did find that holding them against the actual doors/drawers made a difference in my choice.

Rachel thanked Kirsten
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    4 years ago

I think the top ones are less styled, less of the moment. For me, the top one is more subtle and classic, blends into modern and transitional kitchens well.

Rachel thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • mark_rachel
    4 years ago

First ones. Love!

Rachel thanked mark_rachel
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    4 years ago

The first one hands down. The shape is just much more appealing to my eye (and I like the color better too)

Rachel thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • strategery
    4 years ago

Both are very nice, and TopKnobs is excellent.

I think for a very modern house that the 2nd might look better due to squarer lines, but the 1st looks a bit more user friendly to me.

Rachel thanked strategery
  • THOR, Son of ODIN
    4 years ago

I prefer the top one.

The bottom one looks like it would hurt if you bumped it wrong.

Rachel thanked THOR, Son of ODIN
  • Rachel
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you for all of your comments . . . I so appreciate your input! I've decided to go with the top knobs pulls. I found a photo online of the the Atlas pulls and while I love a single one very much, on a lot of cabinetry they look a bit heavy. So while I was really on the fence, given that the Atlas are about 50-60% more expensive, and I didn't love the chunky look, I'm going with #1.

• Rachel
    Original Author
    4 years ago

A few comments about both pulls since I have samples. In the photographs I provided, they look like different colors, but in real life they are very similar. That Atlas pull is certainly more angular, but it is so well crafted that the edges are not sharp at all. I thought this might help if somebody else is considering these pulls.

• Kate E
    4 years ago

Thor - I have pills similar to the bottom style in our kitchen in matte black. I HAVE bumped into them at the wrong angle... and it DID hurt :) Haha, so good observation - spot on ;)

Rachel thanked Kate E
  • Kate E
    4 years ago

Pulls not pills!

Rachel thanked Kate E
  • PRO
    Cocoweb Inc.
    4 years ago

The first one. Hopefully you show us a picture of the completed project!

Rachel thanked Cocoweb Inc.
  • THOR, Son of ODIN
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

@Kate - I ripped a favorite pair of pants when they caught on a poky handle*, so I'm kind of vigilant. Let's be honest - who doesn't 'hip check' their drawers shut?

*like this only more pointy:

Rachel thanked THOR, Son of ODIN
  • Kate E
    4 years ago

@thor - ha! Yes! I like to lean against the island and I’ve finally mastered leaning in between the pulls between banks of drawers. It hurt! But man the pulls are pretty :)

Rachel thanked Kate E
  • Rachel
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Kate E OY, the sacrafices and pain we endure for the design we love!