Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pr705

Matching Countertop & Island ?

pr705
4 years ago

Hi, am going with Vicostone Misterio for the island and countertops. My question is can I do another quartz like white , black etc for the countertop ? Do they have to match - the island & countertops ? Thanks

Comments (15)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

What ??? I understood you had counters and island counters already.

• pr705
    Original Author
    4 years ago

No I meant I have chosen Misterio for the island & countertops in my Kitchen. Am in the middle of a remodel. My question is can my island & countertop be different ?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

Yes they can but IMO the perimeter counters need to be very plain and the island more of a show stopper but if you have already a different color cabinet for the island then I would do all the same counters it gets too busy otherwise.

• chispa
    4 years ago

Who's on first!

Are you asking if your island countertop and perimeter countertop can be different?

The answer would be no, yes, or maybe ... depending on what else you have going on in your kitchen. What color are the island cabinets and the perimeter cabinets? You need to give a lot more information.

• pr705
    Original Author
    4 years ago

As of now all the counters - Island & Countertop will be white shaker style, they are being made, painting will happen after they are installed.
    Island Countertop will be Vicostone Misterio
    Now trying to decide if perimeter countertop should also be Misterio.
    Floors will be wooden ( mahagony brown)

• pr705
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I meant “all cabinets” and not “all counters”

• pr705
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Do you recommend I paint the island cabinets a different color ?

• pr705
    Original Author
    4 years ago

This is a picture of Misterio

• User
    4 years ago

i would do the same since your island is already picked. Wouldn’t put a bigger bolder busier material on perimeter countertop. have started looking at backsplash yet? that choice can help in your decision too

• darbuka
    4 years ago

If the cabinets are being built offsite, why isn’t the cabinet maker painting them offsite?

What live_wire_oak said...that’s bogus.

• yalemichmom
    3 years ago

I don’t know about others’ experiences, but mine has NOT been good with Vicostone Misterio for lightly used (very lightly) bathroom counters. So glad I didn’t do kitchen first and install this product! Water marks etch it very quickly and they remain despite using proper cleaning products. Curious if others have the same problem? Very annoying. We have naturally soft city water. Very disappointed in the performance. It was much cheaper compared to a Silestone. Live and learn (assume not all Quartz has this issue).

• Julz Dee
    2 years ago

yalemichmom, are you still disappointed with your Misterio? I was thinking of it for my kitchen and debating bertween that and LG Lumina. It's difficult to clean?

• yalemichmom
    2 years ago

Well…I know Vicostone will not care for my answer, but I personally feel it retains water spots and rings more readily than it should from what I expected of quartz. I have it in my Master and Guest/Kids’ Hall Baths. It’s very pretty, but I have to rub and buff with a lot of elbow grease to remove what looks like water etch marks and rings. I use foaming hand soap, so I’m experimenting a bit to see if various hand soaps make a difference. We have naturally soft city water (comes out of Lake Michigan), so I don’t think the water hardness is th Ed issue. I use Weimann’s Quartz Cleaner (spray) and a microfiber cloth and buff with a lot of pressure. It’s my first experience with any quartz, so perhaps they all do this? I originally wanted Silestone with their “N-boost” feature which helps with the wiping/drying process, but it was going to be a lot more expensive for the two baths, so we chose the Vicostone. Good luck—hope either work out well for you!

• Julz
    2 years ago

Yalemichmom thanks for the info. thats a pretty big bummer for me :( we live in town but our water is kinda hard

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County