Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zakariia_lotf

Kitchen backsplash

Zakariia Lotf
3 years ago

Hi!

We want to make a backsplash in the kitchen. Our wall units are dark grey and beige and our lighting really isn't optimal.

Here are some ideas of tiles that we like. What do you think?

Comments (16)

• Zakariia Lotf
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Some tiles we like.

• Zakariia Lotf
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Others

• suzyqtexas
    3 years ago

I love the 4th from the top aqua blue pattern I think your kitchen is sleek enough to accept a pattern for the backsplash

• DavidR
    3 years ago

I have no particular opinion about any of your examples. I'd just caution you to think about how you react today to decor from the 1970s through 1990s. Consider what current designs will have a classic look that will still be reasonably in fashion 10 or 20 years from now.

• Zakariia Lotf
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Others

• Zakariia Lotf
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Others

• emmarene9
    3 years ago

Your kitchen is very modern in style. I would use large glass pieces something like this:

Is there veining in your counter top? If so don't use it on your backsplash unless it is the same material.

• kelleg69
    3 years ago

I am not wild about many of the options. I think you need modern and light colored tiles. Bring a few home to see in the space. Is the little strip of tile that is there going to be ripped out?

• eld6161
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

You already have a backsplash. Those four inch mosaics. If you are keeping them, which I think you are, then no need to go further.

But, if you want both, that is your prerogative.

You have a very modern kitchen. Many of the tiles you are showing us are very traditional or retro, I don’t think the textured ones work either. I wouldn’t add another color either.

I like the idea of glass for you. I would do a subway but stacked, not running bond.

You have a great looking kitchen.

Like this:

• Zakariia Lotf
    Original Author
    3 years ago

What do you think about these ones? I particularly like the first one.

• crcollins1_gw
    3 years ago

No to 1 and 3. The second could work if you stacked them but I'm not sure if it goes with the grey (or is it black?) in your darker cabinets. You're taking out the existing mosaics right??

• eld6161
    3 years ago

I agree. If your kitchen was all white I can see throwing in a color. But you have a two tone kitchen.

In my opinion, the blue doesn’t relate to anything.

And I second crcollins, you really should remove the mosaics.

• crcollins1_gw
    3 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I love those tiles you're picking out. Really, they are gorgeous. But your kitchen is very modern and the handmade and irregular looking tiles just don't work. Look at what eld6161 suggested above.

• Zakariia Lotf
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks everyone! We would appreciate if you could send pictures of what you suggest us. Also, note that the existing tiles will be removed, we really don’t like it.

• eld6161
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I would start with a very light dray glass if the cabinets are gray. What color are they?

Or, a simple white glass that blends with the white of the lower cabinets.

ETA start another thread as this one is not getting much action. But ask for advise on glass tiles. Also, cross post to the decorating as well to get more people.