Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kimrama

Patio Doors: Sanity check

kimrama
3 years ago

We are in the process of replacing 2 patio doors: one standard 2-panel (70"x80") with one in-swing door, and a large 3-panel (104"x80"), with one in-swing door. I'm leaning toward making both sliding doors.

Having installed Marvin windows 2 years ago, I asked that same company to bid the doors. The product they recommended was the Marvin Elevate sliding door, and they quoted $16k for the project (down from the "list price" of $23k due to some special they were running....?!).

I realize that I'm in a high-cost area (Austin), but this seemed crazy to me.

I'm working on getting other bids, and would appreciate any recommendations you have. I've read through lots of the discussions here, and it sounds like I need to steer clear of Pella in general based on the various threads. I'm not sure if, given my location, Sunrise or Okna are options for me.

What else should I consider at this point? I don't love the idea of vinyl, but if the price of a composite door is anything close to that first quote, I might need to go back to the drawing board.

This is new territory for us, as we've never replaced patio doors before, so we're still learning the landscape a bit. Thanks in advance for any helpful information you can provide. I'll try to include pictures of the current doors below.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio