Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skipperman123

shower enclosure

skipperman123
10 years ago
I'm redoing a small (5X6) bathroom and I wanted to do a similar 2 sided glass enclosure. However, the wall alongside the bathtub has a vanity and the wall will be 4 feet high as will a small portion on the front wall. My contractor is giving me a hard time. He wants to build a beam from floor to ceiling on the corner where the 2 glass walls will meet because he claims it will be better supported. Is this true? isn't there a better way to do this without destroying the open look with a beam? How was this shower supported?
Relaxing Space Traditional Bathroom Remodel · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    One Week Bath, Inc.
    10 years ago
    The only major support area needs to be where the door hinges. The corner in this photo is supported by channel and clips. The only issue comes when you hang a door from a glass panel and not the wall.
  • Skylar Williams
    7 years ago

I can understand why you wouldn't want to ruin the 'openness' with beams and such. I want to redo my shower to look similar to this. My shower is old and doesn't look all that great, remodeling it is going to be a blast. http://rjhamiltonremodeling.com/services.html