Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamaal_mckenzie9

Issue with Banana Plant New Growth

Jamaal McKenzie
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

So, a little backstory(Not sure if it would help, but maybe knowing what it's been through might):

I received a Banana plant from FL about a month and a half ago that was in quite a bit of shock from travel. Also, there weren't enough roots to hold the soil so it was moving around in the soil it was shipped with rather loosely. They advised I just repot in the same pot, nice and snug, and let it rest, which I did. I pruned a few leaves that just wouldn't recover, and it had some new ones sprouting up in no time.

Now, a month and a half later, I decided to Prune back the last 2 original leaves I received because they were bent pretty bad from the shock and didn't seem like they would recover + it had torn 3 new leaves since, so I thought it'd be safe to do seeing as it's gotten acclimated. Now with the last 2 leaves, one is fully unfurled and the other is half/half, I'm seeing the strange spots and I'm having a hard time identifying what exactly it is. Also, on the one that's half/half it's not fully unfurled but the leaf has already split - almost like the top portion unfurled before the bottom could grow free of the rest of the stem.

Any ideas?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus