Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thesellison

Dynasty by Omega, Centra by Mouser OR Wellborn Premier??? Please Help!

We're building our dream home and have received some estimates from 3 reputable kitchen planners and their respective cabinet lines. Problem is, the "designers" are promoting their own lines more like a salesman than to give a fair comparison to other lines they don't carry. I can't figure out how to "rack and stack" these 3 cabinet lines. All of their "stats" seem very similar and since I've not seen any of them in a real kitchen, it makes the decision process very difficult. All 3 estimates came in very close to each other and within the 3 cabinet lines there is a door style & color that suits our kitchen design. Does anyone know if there is a standout among these 3? Any raving fans out there for any one of these? TIA

Comments (10)

• wilson853
    3 years ago

I was recently looking for cabinets for a new laundry room so visited a few showrooms. I went to one that had an eight year old painted Wellborn kitchen display and was impressed with the finish and construction. I opened and closed all of the drawers to see the inserts and was surprised that it had been on their floor that long. I was told that they can also do the same as Omega and mix custom pieces in.

When I was remodeling my kitchen about three years ago I visited our local ProSource where they had just installed a new Omega white painted display which is what I was looking for. It had symmetrical cabinets down to the counter. There was a visible difference in the finish of the tall doors so I rubbed my hand over both. The left door was perfectly smooth but the other was not. The KD said that they were in a hurry to get the display finished so they installed the flawed door anyway. Made me doubt Omega's quality control especially since it was a display going to a large vendor where you should be putting your best foot forward. I crossed them off of my list.

If you haven't done so already, I would ask all of the designers for references and if possible to look at some of their installed projects that have been in for awhile. I think that it always helps to talk to real users of any product. Good luck with your new build!

• ILoveRed
    3 years ago

Mouser is very nice. I did an office remodel eight years ago.

I got a price on Mouser for the two bathrooms in addition to their lower priced line Centra. The savings was worthwhile and the finish was identical. Plus at the time there was an upgrade to inset with no charge. Really nice looking even after several yrs. Only picture I have.

• Wes Hunt
    3 years ago

I feel your pain. I'm in the process of updating my kitchen so not a total remodel or anything like that so I didn't really need a kitchen designer. I joined these forums and just started reading and researching on here as much as I could. I visited several showrooms that carried brands that I became familiar with like Omega Dynasty, Kraftmaid Vantage, Kemper, etc. but each one seemed to keep trying to get me to go with this or that "unknown" brand. As I've learned through these forums the reason is they may be making a higher margin on those other brands. I felt some of them were judging me that I could only afford a certain budget. When I started asking about Shiloh they were all like oh yeah you'll pay double for that. Well, I ended up going with Shiloh as I found a dealer down in Lake Wylie that seemed honest and the price wasn't any higher than what I was getting for other brands. In fact it was only a $4000-5000 more than chinese RTA that people were trying to sell.

Highgarden Real Estate Charlotte thanked Wes Hunt
  • love2browse
    3 years ago

I remodeled my kitchen 17 years ago and used Omega Cherry Cabinets (Artesia). The quality is very good and my kitchen have held up nicely. I’m in the process of having a house built and the builder uses Wellborn Cherry Cabinets (Chelsea) and I’m hoping the quality is similar to Omega’s. I’m a Realtor, so I see a lot of kitchens in homes. I would recommend a wood cabinets over a painted ones. I would visit your friend’s kitchens, who have paints cabinets, and look at the cabinet that holds the trash can. This is the cabinet that will take the most abuse
    In your kitchen.

Highgarden Real Estate Charlotte thanked love2browse
  • PRO
    Highgarden Real Estate Charlotte
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Wes Hunt Thanks for that insight, we'd really like to stay local! Lake Wylie is right down the road from us. However; I am having a hard time finding anything on Shiloh Cabinets. Do you have a local contact I can reach out to? Thanks so much!

• Wes Hunt
    3 years ago

Highgarden Real Estate Charlotte- I started working with Ernie at Kitchen Source. I had to submit a request through the Shiloh website for them to connect me with a local dealer and they gave me his info. He doesn't have a Shiloh display set up right now but he does have door samples to look at. Here's his contact info:

Ernie Riddle

Kitchen Source, LLC

704/616-8445 mobile

803/831-9851 office

4371 Charlotte Highway, Suite 1, Lake Wylie, SC 29710

There's another place almost near uptown Charlotte called 1st Choice Cabinetry. I visited there and I believe they did have some Shiloh cabinets set up in their showroom. I didn't talk to them about Shiloh at the time because I was there looking at another line. Their contact info is:

Keri Henley CKD, CBD Designer

C: 704-649-3489 | O: 704-900-8742

1st Choice Cabinetry

2459 Wilkinson Blvd Charlotte, NC 28208

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Buehl
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have a mix of Omega Dynasty and Omega Custom (now called "Pinnacle"). I remodeled in 2008 and they still look wonderful! At a party last fall, someone thought I had just remodeled. When I told them my Kitchen was 11 years old, they were amazed!

I have been very pleased with how they've held up through raising two kids, two dogs, and a not-so-careful DH -- finish (cherry wood, stained), construction, etc. They're well worth paying more for. [We had a Kraftmaid cabinet put in our Powder Room at the same time. It's not used much, but I can see definite wear on the doors. I would not do Kraftmaid in a Kitchen!]

Love2Browse -- Artesia is my favorite door & drawer front! We ended up going with Anson, though, since we had several unexpected (expensive) expenses and decided we needed to cut back somewhere. The Anson has the same drawer front as Artesia and the same beaded outside profile. While the doors aren't quite as nice as the Artesia, they still look very nice. I'm hoping to use Omega again when we build our retirement home...and the plan is to use Artesia this time!

Highgarden Real Estate Charlotte thanked Buehl
  • Vonda Sexton
    2 years ago

Beware!!! Do not order cabinets from Wellborn. We purchased our cabinets in November 2020 and still waiting for the rest of our order. My dealer said there is nothing she can do. Quality of Wellborn is questionable as well but at this point I just want my kitchen back.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH