Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kgard7

Need help with decorating our powder room

kgard7
10 years ago
I am really bad at decorating ... how do I warm up our renovated powder room?

Comments (11)

• User
    10 years ago
    I would move the toilet paper holder over to the side of the cabinet. Paint that wall a dark bronze and add a decal like this;)
    Trees Vinyl Wall Decal by Cool Graphicss · More Info
  • PRO
    Granite Grannies
    10 years ago
    Lighting is a key element in making a room feel warm so make sure your bathroom has adequate lighting! I think if you replaced that silver wall design with a painting or photograph, it would make a world of a difference. Also, add some personal touches to your shelf. Here is an example. Do you have a rug on your bathroom floor? I think a small, circular rug with some accent colors would also warm up the room. Good luck!

Bathroom Detail 2 · More Info
  • walkerbeth
    10 years ago
    Hi, here are photos of mine. (Please excuse the photo quality...I took the photos with my phone that were on my iPad. That would explain the shadows and bright reflections.) Anyhow, I added a small decorative shelf, selected items that matched it in color & material and just put a few accents in there. I recently painted the walls a few weeks ago. I will be keeping with this sage, brown & ivory theme whenever I purchase towels or bathroom accessories. It feels very inviting when you're in there.
  • walkerbeth
    10 years ago
    This might be a better photo of the small powder room.
  • printesa
    10 years ago
    I would change those decoration to something lighter,,maybe glass shelf like Granite Grannies posted above. The shelf that you have the the fleur-de-lis are a bit too "heavy" looking. A painting/photo would look better there. You have a great room there.
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Wallpaper with some of the floor and mirror colors incorporated into the print.
    Eclectic Wallpaper · More Info

Or Indianpatti’s tile choice. But that feel of blending the colors.

Then an inexpensive giclee on canvas for the wall.
    Lily on White Canvas Art by Tammy Davison - TD020-C1624GG · More Info
  • leelee
    10 years ago
    You did a fantastic job of remodeling your powder room. Get a nice brushed metal dispenser for the liquid soap. You could add a low-light plant like a philodendron on the back of the toilet No fake plants or dried flowers.

I like Granite Grannies idea to add a cool print under the shelf.

Keep it simple and don't over do the decorating.

Love your wall color--what did you use?
  • Geneviève
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    A touch of yellow perhaps :) in towels ,get a more modern shelf for the bathroom to balance the decor with the sink .

In black

47.5" Zoia Single Vanity · More Info

Sleeping Loft - Kid's Hangout Spot · More Info
  • kgard7
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you for all the great advice!

The paint is Benjamin Moore's Iced Marble.
  • walkerbeth
    4 years ago

Update of bathroom. Used leftover floor tile from kitchen across hall. In future, will be using leftover tile from kitchen backsplash to put on wall where pedestal sink is.