Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinam1962

Before time gets away . . .

Tina Marie
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I want to wish my friends here a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Laundry is done (for now that is) and i'm straightening the house, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. Tomorrow will be lots of cooking and cozying up as our temps are supposed to drastically drop tomorrow (we should be up near 60 today) and then be at freezing or below for 48 hours. Yes, we may have some of the white stuff for Christmas. I am so ready for the good food, snuggling under a blanket and enjoying the holiday. I am sad not to be with family, but I got to thinking. This is our 38th year of marriage and we have never had a Christmas alone! So while it is different and family will be missed - we plan to enjoy! I wish each and every one of you a blessed Christmas and I am thinking of those missing being with family and friends this year.

Comments (29)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

And Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too, Tina.

Tina Marie thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Funkyart
    3 years ago

Awww Tina, I love how despite your sadness and grief you have found a way to see a bright side and a path to creating a lovely holiday for you and DH. Merry Christmas and all the wishes! Too you and all here on GW!

Tina Marie thanked Funkyart
  • rubyclaire
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas - here's to 2021!

Tina Marie thanked rubyclaire
  • Tina Marie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Funky, thank you for the sweet words. I guess I am the eternal optimist! Honestly, losing dad during this pandemic has been so hard. I think what makes it easier now, is I know he and mom are together. It was so hard watching him carry on without her. My thoughts are with you.

• Funkyart
    3 years ago

<3

• bbstx
    3 years ago

We are staying home, too. Today is our anniversary. If you know anyone who thinks it is a good idea to get married at Christmas, do all you can to discourage them. One silver lining of the greatly scaled-back holidays is for the first time ever, I think, we are actually celebrating our anniversary. I’m making Shrimp and Grits, DH’s fav. And opening a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, my fav.

Tina Marie thanked bbstx
  • martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    3 years ago

We are here. This shall pass. A joyful Christmas and holiday season to each and everyone.

🎄🎄🎄♥️♥️♥️

Tina Marie thanked martinca_gw sunset zone 24
  • OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Tina, Thank you so much for your sweet wishes for us all.

I'm pretty much in your time zone, so like you am anticipating the temperature change tonight. Well, not really, but it will somehow seem more like Christmas. Enjoy your final preparations. I too did a touch-up housecleaning today and tomorrow will prep our Christmas eve dinner. We almost always do a small filet and twice-baked potatoes and this year will be no different. I know you and others with recent family losses will feel a particular loneliness and emptiness this year. We all will get through this, just as we've done the rest of the year.

Happy Anniversary, bbstx!

Tina Marie thanked OutsidePlaying
  • 3katz4me
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas to you Tina and to all my other virtual GW friends. We don't have kids and parents have passed so we're used to low key holidays. We currently have a raging blizzard (7-11 inches and 50 mph wind) in progress and are hunkered down with lots of food and beverages. Supposed to dissipate by 6am tomorrow - should be time to get the roads cleared so I can go pickup my Christmas dinner from a local restaurant at 1:30 tomorrow. It all makes me so thankful we and our cats are warm, safe and healthy - we are truly blessed.

Tina Marie thanked 3katz4me
  • Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

Warm wishes to you and to all my forum friends.

Tina Marie thanked Fun2BHere
  • maddielee
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas! Stay well! 🎄

Tina Marie thanked maddielee
  • Tina Marie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Happy Anniversary @bbstx!!

• Allison0704
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary, Tina! We will be celebrating Christmas just like you. Same weather too.

We had an outdoor tiny party for DGD 1st bday last Saturday, and they also opened their Christmas gifts. No hugs or kisses, so it was good to see them, but sad that I could not touch.

Our 39th anniversary is the 26th. Happy Anniversary to bbstx as well!

Wishing everyone here peace and joy this holiday season,

Allison

Tina Marie thanked Allison0704
  • Tina Marie
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@Allison0704 Thank you Allison! My anniversary's not till February and it will be 39 for us too! (I think you and I are the same on b-days and anniversaries!). Happy Anniversary to you - I had forgotten it is the day after Christmas. Glad you got to see the grandbabies.

• gsciencechick
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas to everyone! Tomorrow is going to be a literal washout for Christmas Eve, so we will have MIL come over on Christmas Day to the deck. I'm just looking forward to downtime with DH and the cats.

Tina Marie thanked gsciencechick
  • Oakley
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas to you too Tina, and everyone else!

BB, our anniversary was the 20th, we went to the Judge between semesters and friends threw a party afterwards. Vince Gill was there before he was famous. :)

I do like that it falls during the holidays, it seems to be more festive. On Sunday, our anniversary, we received a boat load of Christmas treats from people, homemade bread, fruitcakes, fudge, divinity, all that good stuff and that's what finally put me in the Christmas Spirit.

I'll get to see the grands, but it will be outdoors. Wonderful but I need to hug and kiss them for a few hours!

Love to all of you, forever and for always! xoxoxo

Tina Marie thanked Oakley
  • Oakley
    3 years ago

Oh yeah, we got the front around 10 this morning, and the super strong winds.

Tina Marie thanked Oakley
  • lizzie_grow
    3 years ago

We also had an anniversary yesterday....54 years! Agree that it's a weird time to get married...Christmas break for DH who was in law school. It was a simple but pretty wedding with flowers of white poinsettias! Thank you for the Christmas wishes, Tina & I wish each & everyone of you the best Christmas you can have, despite our challenges!

Tina Marie thanked lizzie_grow
  • tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas to all of my forum friends. We’ve had quite the year haven’t we? Looking forward to 2021 and onto better health for everyone. And happy anniversary to those of you celebrating!

Thank you all for being here always! ❤️

Tina Marie thanked tannatonk23_fl_z9a
  • Indigo Rose
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas to all and here's to a better new year in 2021.... 2021 can't come fast enough.

Tina Marie thanked Indigo Rose
  • Arapaho-Rd
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas to all here. As I've said before, your presence is a true gift in my life. 🎁 🎄 ⭐

• czarinalex
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas to all my virtual friends here. I'm so glad I got to meet so many of you in person!

2020 can't end soon enough for me. I'm trying to reconcile in my head that 2021 unfortunately will be more of the same.

Tina Marie thanked czarinalex
  • Sueb20
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas, friends!

Tina Marie thanked Sueb20
  • Joaniepoanie
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas all!

Tina Marie thanked Joaniepoanie
  • jmck_nc
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas Invisible Friends!

• Ded tired
    3 years ago

Merry strange Christmas to all of you! I hope you each get to enjoy whatever December 25th dishes out. Tidings of comfort and joy to my virtual support system. Be happy!

• Springroz
    3 years ago

Merry Christmas! So happy I have no guests coming!! Yesterday evening the entry hall light decided to blow out, which sent DH to Lowes for a quick replacement. He was in the middle of putting baking sheet dividers in my corner cabinet, so I have all that all over the kitchen!!

• User
    3 years ago

Thank you @Tina Marie for starting this thread.

This has been the hardest year of our lives . Thank you all my GW friends for continuing to be the best support system anyone could ask for. A virtual hug to you all. c