Rusty

Comments (11)

• stacey_mb
    3 years ago

So true!

Rusty thanked stacey_mb
  • nickel_kg
    3 years ago

Well, largely true -- some amount of 'worry' can lead you to prepare for multiple outcomes, and how to best prepare for the outcome you want, or avoid the outcome you fear. But yes, it's very important to keep worry productive, not let it get out of control.

Rusty thanked nickel_kg
  • jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    3 years ago

If you see that some aspect of your society is bad, and you want to improve
    it, there is only one way to do so: you have to improve people. And in order to
    improve people, you begin with only one thing: you can become better yourself.

Leo Tolstoy in A Calendar of Wisdom

Rusty thanked jim_1 (Zone 5B)
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I saw a similar one....worry is like rocking in a rocking chair...you burn a lot of energy but it gets you no where.

Rusty thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • socks
    3 years ago

Often we worry about things which never happen. So in a way, it's a pay-off. So we worry more because obviously it works!

Rusty thanked socks
  • Annegriet
    3 years ago

Rusty--I am a worrier. Big time. I love this. Thank you so much. I try to remember this but I think the visual is helpful. I'm going to print this and put it in a few places.

Rusty thanked Annegriet
  • chisue
    3 years ago

Worry isn't the same as being aware of a concern, then doing what you can about it. Worry is 'fretting'. It's useless and a distraction from living your life.

Rusty thanked chisue
  • blfenton
    3 years ago

We were talking about worrying today on our run. The hardest time to stop worrying is when you're trying to fall asleep.

Rusty thanked blfenton
  • wildchild2x2
    3 years ago

We discussing worries the other day on my ride. Conclusion, if you can't fix it, the universe will handle it. Pretty spot on in my experience.

Rusty thanked wildchild2x2
  • joyfulguy
    3 years ago

Sorry - off topic.

CBC radio has nationwide phone-in Sun Jan. 15 aft 4 - 6 dealing with covid and how to deal with non-compliance.

On Twitter @checkupcbc

Www.cbc.ca/check up. Emails accepted.

ole joyful

Rusty thanked joyfulguy