Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinam1962

An interesting article regarding hotels I received in my email . . .

Tina Marie
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Now who knows about the source, but it did make me think. I will admit to being a hotel snob, and we do not often stay in hotels. This article did make me think. I do think for future travel, I will take a set of pillowcases. I almost always take my pillow but the Mr. not so much. Anyway, it's food for thought.

hotels

Comments (10)

• maddielee
    3 years ago

That’s probably the nastiest article I’ve tried to read. Not because of the content, but the numerous earwax photos...

Those who travel a lot (Airline employees) learn to always leave a penny between the sheets near the foot of the bed. If you ever find a coin in your bed, the sheets haven’t been changed.

Tina Marie thanked maddielee
  • Indigo Rose
    3 years ago

I seldom stay at hotels, but when I do I use a silk sleep sack and bring my own pillow.

Tina Marie thanked Indigo Rose
  • graywings123
    3 years ago

I was unable to read the article. I couldn't figure out what to click on to go to the next page.

Tina Marie thanked graywings123
  • User
    3 years ago

Jinx gets extra credit for The Office meme. 😆

Tina Marie thanked User
  • Jilly
    3 years ago

Ha, Patrice 😁🙌

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

We haven’t stayed in a hotel in months like everyone else, but I have thought about taking my own pillow. We have already started taking our own mini Keurig and supplies for coffee. And DH bought a portable UV light to use to sanitize. Of course we wouls do our own wipe down.

As much as I used to travel with work, I am accustomed to always always checking the sheets and towels as soon as I get into the room.

• User
    3 years ago

I used to travel for work. You know, back before the world exploded. I spent hundreds of nights in NYC. My only real fear was bringing home bedbugs. I have a friend who lives on the UES who got bedbugs and it was a nightmare to get rid of them.

Has nothing to do with cleanliness as much as opportunity.

I used to tear the hotel room apart upon entry just to make sure I couldn't find any. I had a whole routine upon arrival home too. Suitcase didn't come inside my home at first. All clothes immediately got plastic bagged for dry cleaning or went straight into the wash. I would then vacuum the insides of all my shoes and my suitcase. Borderline crazy....but a million times better than bedbugs. :)

Worst thing I ever found was dirty underwear and socks underneath the bed. Ick.

• pudgeder
    3 years ago

eweeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

• bbstx
    3 years ago

DD and DSIL recently stayed in a Park Hyatt hotel. Pre-children, DD was a consultant who was away from home 4-5 nights a week in various hotels. She said she’s never been in a cleaner hotel than the Park Hyatt. She even called me one day to tell me about the cleaning that was going on in the room across the hall from them. She said she’s never seen a room ripped apart and cleaned like that one was being cleaned.

I follow The Points Guy and Flyer Talk. Both have had articles about how thoroughly hotels are being cleaned and disinfected these days. Hyatt has teamed with The Cleveland Clinic to establish cleaning protocols. Hilton has partnered with the makers of Lysol. Of course, it is only as good as the people doing the job.

I think the linked article is mostly clickbait.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County