Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_70846962

Please help me with design of living room / dining room

Maksim K
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Dear Houzzz users!

I recently bought a house and immediately began some fixing projects. For example changed flooring and painted second floor.

Now the second floor is done I began work on the first floor. First I wanted to paint it same color up second floor (Polar Bear white color, which I really love for its simplicity and cleanliness). The reading design posts many articles said pick a neutral color so I picked ivory.

Now omg, I look at ivory and I think why so yellow. In my opinion yellow walls make room look old school and very outdated whereas I really want modern simple clean look.

Can you please give me ideas what to do? Can I tone down yellow? Should I just repaint? What would you do in this room? On the picture you see living and dining room. The table in the back is old Ikea table and I will replace it. Sofa in the front was left by previous owner and I will also replace it.

i think floor and windows are ok the way they are but what else can I do? May be ideas like curtains?

I’m planning to put TV on the wall between windows. What else would you change here? Light fixture? Please help me!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH